Rat Look a 986

toocan

If looking to ruin a Boxster you could buy this one - somebody has already ruined it anyway!  http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707087198861

Was quite distressing to see what it looked like a few months ago before some halfwit with a few cans of plastidip and light tint spray got at it - looked a nice car!

2 hours ago, MrBen said:

If looking to ruin a Boxster you could buy this one - somebody has already ruined it anyway!  http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707087198861

Was quite distressing to see what it looked like a few months ago before some halfwit with a few cans of plastidip and light tint spray got at it - looked a nice car!

I quite like it and can't for the life of me see what the difference is between that paint and a wrap?

Cat D too so fine for modification IMHO.

I shudder to think what you feel when you watch/hear the news if you find a few reversible modifications on a car distressing :laugh:

Isn't the Boxster galvanised? Good luck removing Zinc coating. You'll soon get bored of that. Wrapping is perhaps the cheapest way of getting over this brainwave.

Don't like this...

F2D9702B-6F20-4B6E-8C1D-EF7FCF9576C8_zps

quite like this...

C3ABF3B3-9601-4E0B-B85E-0C793CDA0726_zps

17 hours ago, EXY said:

I quite like it and can't for the life of me see what the difference is between that paint and a wrap?

Cat D too so fine for modification IMHO.

I shudder to think what you feel when you watch/hear the news if you find a few reversible modifications on a car distressing :laugh:

Plastidip is essentially paint with modifiers in so you can peel it off, get it wrong and it's never coming back off (seen it happen). 

On 10/07/2017 at 7:22 AM, That986 said:

Plastidip is essentially paint with modifiers in so you can peel it off, get it wrong and it's never coming back off (seen it happen). 

You can say the same with a wrap, get it wrong and the paint will come off with the vinyl (haven't see it happen myself but I know Araf has ?)

I was alluding to the suggestion the car had been ruined with the application of a reversible modification, we don't know if it is nuclear deterrent PlastiDip at this time, or is there something you would like to confess :laugh:

2 hours ago, EXY said:

You can say the same with a wrap, get it wrong and the paint will come off with the vinyl (haven't see it happen myself but I know Araf has ?)

I was alluding to the suggestion the car had been ruined with the application of a reversible modification, we don't know if it is nuclear deterrent PlastiDip at this time, or is there something you would like to confess :laugh:

Not a clue but I wrapped my last car twice with no ill effects, i suppose it depends how well you kept your paint in the first place. Plastidip on the other hand can bond to the paint and strip it easily, i know someone with a flawless show winning Scirocco that his dipped for the winter months and it stripped about 60% of the car when it came off.

I've never see a wrap rip off paint and I've seen lots of removals and spoken to quite a few wrappers and customers over the years. I've never had a wrapped car, but happily would. Peeling my 12" gold roundels (circles) off my Boxster left no marks and the paint was as before (no damage) underneath. 

36 minutes ago, Jason986S said:

I've never see a wrap rip off paint and I've seen lots of removals and spoken to quite a few wrappers and customers over the years. I've never had a wrapped car, but happily would. Peeling my 12" gold roundels (circles) off my Boxster left no marks and the paint was as before (no damage) underneath. 

Neither have I BUT you are fairly new here so you probably haven't seen the posts where the paint came with the wrap ;)

Perhaps  ole Araf will enlighten you fellas as I have lost interest :laugh:

21 minutes ago, EXY said:

Neither have I BUT you are fairly new here so you probably haven't seen the posts where the paint came with the wrap ;)

Perhaps  ole Araf will enlighten you fellas as I have lost interest :laugh:

Go on @Araf ?

21 hours ago, Jason986S said:

It also depends on how you take it off as well. Go at it like a ham-fisted moron and you'll leave more problems than you started with.

2 hours ago, That986 said:

It also depends on how you take it off as well. Go at it like a ham-fisted moron and you'll leave more problems than you started with.

This is true, a bit of heat and care is always handy. I removed my pieces on a warm evening carefully but meaningly. The angle at which it's peeled off can contribute to any adhesive glue residues left behind too. Quality vinyl shouldn't leave anything/much behind really.

Archived