My insurance doesn't actually reach the CC issuing banks

Hi All,

I've another weird issue. My credit cards are okay (valid, full limit available). But so far not once was a request for payment actually sent to the issuing banks. I verified this and am seriously vexed.

What is going on? They ask for the CCV (Barclays Bank scolded me for providing it over the phone).

Now I got a warning about an overdue payment. No option to transfer money, which would take only 2 minutes to hit their account.

It's one of the big names... 

Thank you in anticipation for your comments and suggestions!

Chris

I pay my card (issued by one bank) from my current account (at another bank) using bill payments that the latter set up so I can use any of their ATMs. If you get printed bills they should include the account information.

Just read your other thread and I'm unsure of what your trying to do??

if you take insurance out you pay in one go or direct debit via a bank account…Not monthly on a credit card ... 

why are you dealing with brokers and paying 3 grand ?? Fleet policies are just the same as normal ones in terms of payments, cancellation policy etc, I've run a 3 or 4 car policy for the last10 years and never had to deal with brokers or instalments by credit cards.  I just ring around every few years.  Axa for a while, then Tesco and now I'm using axa again

i really must be missing something here 

3 hours ago, Seagull Fan said:

Paolo, does taking a fleet insurance save many pennies?

Yeah it's about half the price of separate policies and you can generally add a few named drivers on as well, I pay £1200 for a 718 Cayman, a macan turbo and a Ford Focus.  Me and the mrs on the policy.  I'm nearly 40 with 8 years no claims for comparison reasons

5 hours ago, topradio said:

Doesn't sound particularly cheap. I pay a total of about £950 for four vehicles - 981, 986, Clubman & Astra van (commercial) all with separate policies.

It represents about a 50 percent saving for me when compared to separate policies but insurance is always massively different dependant on location and driver details 

On 09/07/2017 at 7:00 PM, Paulo123 said:

It represents about a 50 percent saving for me when compared to separate policies but insurance is always massively different dependant on location and driver details 

that's a kind way of describing what it really is, and that's a right minefield surrounded by a moat full of sharks.

Archived