£44k for a 2008 987?

jhemus

As an RS60 owner, I peruse AT once in while to get a sense of its value as I ponder the idea of a 981. The cheapest one is up for £26k with a couple of others above £27k - promising news for me when I come to sell.

More surprising still was to find one with 1,000 miles on the clock advertised for £44,500 (see below)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707077158776?radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&postcode=tn48nj&keywords=RS60 &advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

How did that happen?! And is it really worth north of £40k? Maybe for a museum....

3 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Do they actually sell for that much though?

If so that's a 10k premium for about 5hp and some nice stickers.

Almost certainly not, but I'm guessing that £20k+ must be achievable which is still pretty impressive.

i won't rise to the bait about 5 BHP and the stickers (you forgot to mention the unique black surround for the windscreen). ?

i've also got an RS60, i think the price depends on mileage, condition and history., stating the bleeding obvious there aren't I!

Ive seen them anything between 19999 for a 60k plus, but with black interior and roof! why did anyone select that option? to one just sold at a dealer down my way for a tad under 29k

i think a mid 30k, well sorted and cared for would most likely be around the 25 mark.

If someone want to offer me 40k plus as per the advert kindly get in touch?

11 hours ago, jhemus said:

Almost certainly not, but I'm guessing that £20k+ must be achievable which is still pretty impressive.

i won't rise to the bait about 5 BHP and the stickers (you forgot to mention the unique black surround for the windscreen). ?

And the instrument binnacle that matches its expensive Spyder cousin  B). Mine has black on black, didnt fancy sitting in someones mouth. Might work against me in the future to be fair. ;)

On 11/07/2017 at 10:10 AM, Graham Inkpen said:

And the instrument binnacle that matches its expensive Spyder cousin  B). Mine has black on black, didnt fancy sitting in someones mouth. Might work against me in the future to be fair. ;)

Hey buddy didn't mean to cause any offence in my post, sorry if i have 

On 11/07/2017 at 10:10 AM, Graham Inkpen said:

Mine has black on black, didnt fancy sitting in someones mouth.

As someone who has never seen the attraction of red interiors, I thought this was a classic :D

9 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

As someone who has never seen the attraction of red interiors, I thought this was a classic :D

ok go on I'll rise to it...first one was a pro.... 

boxsters-4.jpg

the second all meee

Boxster S 118 d.jpg

Archived