Road Trip

big mike

1 hour ago, big mike said:

Haven't posted in a while but still check the site most days,

Heading out the door just now for a 3 day circa 1000 miles trip to do the NC500 in the Boxster,

Sun isn't quiet shining but it's a nice day and can't wait, roll on roof off.

Sounds great.  Very jealous.  I need something like this in my life!

We need pictures and maybe a little onboard video footage please ?

Hope you have a great few days. Roof down the whole way? Wish I was doing this today. It's on my horizon for early October. Look forward to hopefully seeing any updates and photos and do/dont's

Sitting drinking beer in Ullapool, had an awesome time. First I've used the car properly,did 300 miles with not a hiccup and genuinely can't believe how much we enjoyed it.

I've agreed to let 2 people view the car but I'm really torn now, I will let them see the car but if it doesn't go to any of them it's a Euro road trip next year.

P.S, for those that haven't been able to try these roads you are missing out on stunning scenery.

24 minutes ago, big mike said:

Sitting drinking beer in Ullapool, had an awesome time. First I've used the car properly,did 300 miles with not a hiccup and genuinely can't believe how much we enjoyed it.

I've agreed to let 2 people view the car but I'm really torn now, I will let them see the car but if it doesn't go to any of them it's a Euro road trip next year.

P.S, for those that haven't been able to try these roads you are missing out on stunning scenery.

Where did you stay in ulla?

I'd say, if you don't need to sell keep the car.

I bought my 986 and I think is going to become a classic. Yeah the 987 Looks clean, the 981 is a dream. But the 986 was the game changer, the spearhead. And as we go into 4 cylinder turbocharged, she is a flat 6. And gorgeous.

My family also have a fully restored 911T from 1968, bought for nothing. Look at the prices now. Willing to sell? No way. Nothing smells like it, period. And the sound, the feeling.

We also have a 996 turbo. Nothing special you say. I don't know. Looking at the 991.2 now and feeling is a list incredibly accomplished machine. But the Porsche cars I grown up with, that's a different thing. If I ever buy another Porsche it might be a 993, but I might never be able afford that.

Keep your flat6 as close to you as possible.

Great stuff. Did the NC500 in May myself, you have some good roads tomorrow and fantastic beaches along the north coast just past Durness, drive in you trunks, roooof top down. ?

So, got home last night, 700 miles all in and car was flawless. Yes it creaked a bit over some of the roads lol but I was blown away with how it behaved , some of it just touring away at 40 mph, some down to snails pace and obviously some at a pace the car was intended and can't believe how well it handled it all.

I was slightly p*ssed at the way Ullapool is set up to completely drain you of money, £4.50 a pint,£14-17 for fish & chips/ burger, 8p per litre more for fuel etc etc. other than that it was AWESOME, just do it before it gets much busier.

2 hours ago, big mike said:

So, got home last night, 700 miles all in and car was flawless. Yes it creaked a bit over some of the roads lol but I was blown away with how it behaved , some of it just touring away at 40 mph, some down to snails pace and obviously some at a pace the car was intended and can't believe how well it handled it all.

I was slightly p*ssed at the way Ullapool is set up to completely drain you of money, £4.50 a pint,£14-17 for fish & chips/ burger, 8p per litre more for fuel etc etc. other than that it was AWESOME, just do it before it gets much busier.

Epic trip. Thanks for the heads-up regards Ullapool! That's Landan prices! Boxster the perfect vehicle for these road trips as we all know..1 or 2 up with luggage. If I still have mine by the Autumn it's definitely the car to do it in. Was there much midge annoyance up there? 

1 hour ago, Billzeebub said:

Epic trip. Thanks for the heads-up regards Ullapool! That's Landan prices! Boxster the perfect vehicle for these road trips as we all know..1 or 2 up with luggage. If I still have mine by the Autumn it's definitely the car to do it in. Was there much midge annoyance up there? 

It was quiet bad with the midgees but just use skin so soft, you smell very flowery but it keeps them away lol

Archived