OBC 986

usman10316

Hi,

Does anyone know how or where I can get the OBC enabled on my Porsche? I've read its a 2-5 minute job, just plug in a durametric device, enable OBC and its on. I'm not too fussed with installing the stalk, and would probably get some buttons for the centre console, just need the OBC enabled.

Thanks. 

Most indies offer this service, can also supply the stalk too, which is probably recommended, not sure I have heard of anyone wiring up their own buttons for this before.

A friendly local forum member with a PIWIS may also offer to help you out.

Im happy to pay something toward someone enabling it but don't fancying paying £200-500 (cost of some OPC!) for it to be done. 

Mainly i I want it enabled and I'm happy to wire in the buttons. I think it makes the centre console look more complete as I have the traction button as well. 

Thanks.

19 hours ago, usman10316 said:

Hi,

Does anyone know how or where I can get the OBC enabled on my Porsche? I've read its a 2-5 minute job, just plug in a durametric device, enable OBC and its on. I'm not too fussed with installing the stalk, and would probably get some buttons for the centre console, just need the OBC enabled.

Thanks. 

Give Russ a call ;)

http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/upgrades/retrofit-cruise-control-and-on-board-computer

Gave revolution a call, £60 to enable the OBC. Will have to find some free time to get it down there to enable it. 

Mainly want the buttons as I think it looks nicer and the centre console looks complete without the "fake" buttons that don't do anything.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived