Saturday night quiz.......

allatsea

Cleaning out the battery tray area and came across a couple of wires coming through a bulkhead grommet with obvious audio plugs on; probably for a CD changer unit.

But also a thin rubber tube and two wires with a 'double female' clip on. Rubber tube come up from the fuel cap area, could it be some sort of 'breather' tube for the fuel tank? But the two wires come from a through bulkhead grommet and I no idea.

Everything works, or appears to, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Any clues?

Thank you.

AaS

IMG_3535.JPG?raw=1IMG_3534.JPG?raw=1

Hi @allatsea the thin pipe is the battery breather - original batteries have a connecting pipe - just vents the battery.

No idea on the connector - only to say I'm certain I've seen it before on my previous Boxsters so is 'normal' as such.

@Richard Hamilton is very knowledgeable as is @Duffy3074 they may be able to help?

1 minute ago, Andy Mac said:

Hi @allatsea the thin pipe is the battery breather - original batteries have a connecting pipe - just vents the battery.

No idea on the connector - only to say I'm certain I've seen it before on my previous Boxsters so is 'normal' as such.

@Richard Hamilton is very knowledgeable as is @Duffy3074 they may be able to help?

Andy Mac, thank you - battery breather makes absolute sense!

AaS

No need to apologize. Porsche changed the design and connectors of the windscreen washer jets. It might be that new jets were fitted, but not plugged in because the old plug won't fit in the new socket. Porsche also do an adapter kit, but it is an arm and a leg. 

Archived