Steering Wheel refurbishment

Steve Morse

12 hours ago, Southy said:

royal steering wheels

http://royalsteeringwheels.com

A few have used them with great results

Jack at Royal Steering Wheels gets loads of praise on plenty of car forums.

Been thinking of having mine done in a soft nappa leather - standard finish is hard & cheap feeling.

2 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Been thinking of having mine done in a soft nappa leather - standard finish is hard & cheap feeling.

My original Wheel just felt too thin, it was also quite shiny with use.   Much better now after it was ‘Royalled’. 

15 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

You can use one of those magic erasers use warm water and rub the steering wheel gently it will get rid of the shiny feel and soften the leather up.  

I did mine a few months ago the 'feel' is much better.  Cheap option until you decide on a new wheel our refurb 

You can do as Southy suggested but be careful the wheel hasn't been re dyed before.

If it's feeling sticky it probably has, mine was same and when I gave it proper clean the sticky went but so did the dye.

Try giving it clean with some Meguries ap cleaner or maybe try a bit of warm water and dish soap. Either way will improve the sticky feeling ?

Archived