PCM3 987.2 Software and Maps Update - Group Buy?

rowbos

Latest update is below, still waiting to hear back from Edinburgh...

Also interestingly enough when I spoke to Tewkesbury I was advised that it might be better to wait until the end of January as they are expecting a map update from Porsche early next year.

Although I am impatient, I am not that impatient so I think I will wait for now and pick up with my OPC questioning in the new year.

Bournemouth = £400

Chester = £329

Exeter = £260

Guildford = £360

Reading = £319

Swindon = £450

Tewkesbury = £349

Wolverhampton = £314

Just had my new PCM 3 installed and I asked what software version would be installed. The nasty man at Porsche told me they would only install age appropriate software. My car is a 2011 so I am not sure what to expect from it. I seem to have a 5 figure post code but not sure what else as it seemed to get me home from Byfleet to Guildford ok. I do like the interface with the dials but not sure what the women is talking about half the time. Once home I have checked the software version using rowbus instructions and seem to be running V2.25. I have not seen that number mentioned before. What does it all mean?

9 minutes ago, Tubzilla said:

Just had my new PCM 3 installed and I asked what software version would be installed. The nasty man at Porsche told me they would only install age appropriate software. My car is a 2011 so I am not sure what to expect from it. I seem to have a 5 figure post code but not sure what else as it seemed to get me home from Byfleet to Guildford ok. I do like the interface with the dials but not sure what the women is talking about half the time. Once home I have checked the software version using rowbus instructions and seem to be running V2.25. I have not seen that number mentioned before. What does it all mean?

Well I'm running V2.2, I think V2.3 introduced 7 digit postcode search and V2.24 is the latest.  Take a photo of the version you get displayed and post it up here so I can compare to mine?

I believe the OPC have to purchase the software license from Porsche to install - and the chap I spoke to this morning told me that cost them £180 though I'm not sure I believe that...

15 minutes ago, Tubzilla said:

The nasty man at Porsche told me they would only install age appropriate software. My car is a 2011 so I am not sure what to expect from it

At that age, probably a U. After a couple of years you can ask for PG. 

17 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Well I'm running V2.2, I think V2.3 introduced 7 digit postcode search and V2.24 is the latest.  Take a photo of the version you get displayed and post it up here so I can compare to mine?

I believe the OPC have to purchase the software license from Porsche to install - and the chap I spoke to this morning told me that cost them £180 though I'm not sure I believe that...

I will try and do a photo but it does show V2.25 after going through your instructions. I will report back.

11 minutes ago, Tubzilla said:

Sorry cant upload photo but the screen shows     System version: V2.25

That's strange!  All of the confirmations I have so far to let me know the latest version have stated V2.24 being the latest - which includes the following:

I can confirm that the software will be upgraded to version 2.24, all the features are listed below:

- Adaptation of the map display according to personal requirements (e.g. 3D map setting/display and hide traffic messages, etc.) and display of these features as a symbol on the map. Selection of these features by “touching” a symbol on the screen.
- When displaying the list of cities containing cities with identical names, the “Details” button can be used to show an additional map with more information. This makes it easier to select the destination you want.
- Additional display of set route options (toll, motorway, etc.) as symbols in the Navigation main menu.
- When the detour query function is activated, a traffic message is displayed (approx. 10 minutes before reaching a traffic jam). You can then choose to “Detour”/”Ignore” the traffic jam or request further “Details”.
- Input of a 7-character post code (Great Britain).

It could be that I had a new PCM 3 unit and needed a full software download and not an update. The guy said it took 3 1/2 hours to complete the download.  Off to golf now and will be using my new sat nav, see if it knows were its going.

1 hour ago, Tubzilla said:

It could be that I had a new PCM 3 unit and needed a full software download and not an update. The guy said it took 3 1/2 hours to complete the download.  Off to golf now and will be using my new sat nav, see if it knows were its going.

Have fun :) 

A bit more info:

You can see the map version installed on PCM3.x by accessing a special menu.  Press INFO+SOURCE at the same time.  The "History" option will show the map update history.  If it is blank the maps have not been updated since leaving the factory.  Otherwise, it will show the version(s) which have been installed. 

I haven't seen the screen myself, so if someone would like to share a photo it would be useful.

2 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

A bit more info:

You can see the map version installed on PCM3.x by accessing a special menu.  Press INFO+SOURCE at the same time.  The "History" option will show the map update history.  If it is blank the maps have not been updated since leaving the factory.  Otherwise, it will show the version(s) which have been installed. 

I haven't seen the screen myself, so if someone would like to share a photo it would be useful.

Thanks Richard.  I checked mine.   No map version or history shown.  

V2.2 software.  

So 2011 maps...

Archived