Brembo red caliper paint

el 3.2S

Anyone recommend a paint which is the same as the Brembo red? Found this one in link below and it appears to be what is needed?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-brake-caliper-paint-high-temperatures-Brembo-Red-FS-Racing/111225892152?epid=1045150470&hash=item19e5946d38:g:Q3IAAOSwGn5ZtC~j

That's expensive! And with the separate hardener you only get one bite at them. 

Live found they seem to always need two coats. You'll need all four wheels off to accomplish that.

theres a link in my Molly post to the paint supplier on Amazon I've used. Think it was £11 for either a tin or a can. 

If its not there then it's on the 993 turbo I restored a couple of years ago. Used the same supplier. 

I also bought some stainless bleed nipples fron biggred to compliment

22 minutes ago, Patt said:

That's expensive! And with the separate hardener you only get one bite at them. 

Live found they seem to always need two coats. You'll need all four wheels off to accomplish that.

theres a link in my Molly post to the paint supplier on Amazon I've used. Think it was £11 for either a tin or a can. 

If its not there then it's on the 993 turbo I restored a couple of years ago. Used the same supplier. 

I also bought some stainless bleed nipples fron biggred to compliment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I thought it expensive too, offset slightly by free international postage though. Four wheels have been off my car for some time due to still waiting to see if my rear caliper is salvageable following the bleed nipple incident:o. Will have a look through your threads. 

22 minutes ago, myfirstboxster said:

That's what I used on mine :)

I ve used hycote red caliper aerosol on both sets of my Boxster calipers. I also give them a coat of high temperature lacquer as well but you don't need to. Both tins about £15?

34862043546_fbdf404dfd_b.jpg

34045604984_1fa8b05e3a_b.jpg

Maybe a touch brighter than oem Brembo but pretty sweet looking ?

Archived