MPH sudden change to KPH

graham1259

My 2003 986 3.2 S suddenly started showing KPH on the dash..could have sworn i'd slowed down for the special 20mph stretch and was still doing 37!!

Has anyone experienced anything similar?..I've only had the car a few weeks so hope it's not the start of something more serious. It switched back to MPH after 10 mins further driving but bit surprising. I'd be interested to know if there is a way to switch to KPH when driving abroad if anyone can help.

Thanks

Hi - @graham1259 been a while but if I remember correctly - in the instrument cluster (by the top of the Rev counter) there is a button sticking out with a clock face on (to adjust time etc).

Turn the ignition on...

Just turn / twist that button to the left / counterclockwise (hold it for a few secs) and it will change to KPH / MPH - really handy.

Wonder if someone changed the clock time and inadvertently turned the button...?

You have a potential gremlin lurking as it doesn't just change itself. You have to hold and then one of the knobs on the dash clocks. It's not something you do by accident. 

Archived