Driving in europe

Willoh

We are moving to France and I want to take my 2001 Boxster S with me. I know it needs re registering but i need to know if you can change the direction of the beam for continental driving, otherwise i will need to buy new headlights. Thanks

47 minutes ago, Willoh said:

We are moving to France and I want to take my 2001 Boxster S with me. I know it needs re registering but i need to know if you can change the direction of the beam for continental driving, otherwise i will need to buy new headlights. Thanks

Hello. You should not need to buy new lights. I changed the beam on mine by removing the lamp units and flicking the lever over. It is a LHD car which, previous to my purchase,  passed the MOT test in the UK and since my purchase, has passed the ITV test in Spain.

Mine is a 2000 S with litronic lights fitted. Not sure if as simple with standard lights? Hopefully the French light beam test is similar to how it is in Spain.

38 minutes ago, el 3.2S said:

Hello. You should not need to buy new lights. I changed the beam on mine by removing the lamp units and flicking the lever over. It is a LHD car which, previous to my purchase,  passed the MOT test in the UK and since my purchase, has passed the ITV test in Spain.

Mine is a 2000 S with litronic lights fitted. Not sure if as simple with standard lights? Hopefully the French light beam test is similar to how it is in Spain.

That only works if you have Litronics and doesn't convert the LHD lights as such. All it does is flatten off the beam pattern. You will end up with a narrower beam that light up less of the road. 

1 hour ago, edc said:

That only works if you have Litronics and doesn't convert the LHD lights as such. All it does is flatten off the beam pattern. You will end up with a narrower beam that light up less of the road. 

Yes did wonder if it was just beam flattening. Main thing is it passes the test here. Rarely drive at night anyway.

7 minutes ago, MK986 said:

Deflector stickers ? 

Not allowed as permanent solution.

I've got the deflector stickers on at the moment but when it has to go for the "control technique"/MOT it will not pass. How do I find out if it has these switches to change the beam as I am not sure if it has the Litronic lights.

11 minutes ago, Willoh said:

How do I find out if it has these switches to change the beam as I am not sure if it has the Litronic lights.

Do you have lamp washers? Do you have clear front indicators with amber rears (from factory). I think they are tell-tails for litronics.

Archived