Loudspeaker replacement

MK986

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, mike597 said:

I've done this and I'd think the majority of 986 owners on here have done it as well or used the custom mounting kit that used to be available on eBay - may still be.  It was quite expensive for a couple of clips basically.  I replaced with a pair of alpine speakers that cost about 40 quid and sound about 40 times better than the Nokia junk. 

Thanks for that Have you put rear speakers in yet

32 minutes ago, richardjjs said:

Thanks for that Have you put rear speakers in yet

I haven't done that.  The general feedback is the rears don't add a great deal to the overall sound and I never felt the need to do it.  I have remounted the door sub woofers and put i nome additional sound proofing which had tighten those up a lot.  Others have replaced the drivers entirely but again I never felt the need to do that. 

2 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I haven't done that.  The general feedback is the rears don't add a great deal to the overall sound and I never felt the need to do it.  I have remounted the door sub woofers and put i nome additional sound proofing which had tighten those up a lot.  Others have replaced the drivers entirely but again I never felt the need to do that. 

Thanks for that

Archived