Key re-programming costs Surrey

Itchigo27

I know this has been done to death so I'm not asking a question about it. My key led lights up with a button press after a battery change so I assume the board is still good and does not need micro switches. Key will not turn the alarm off remotely or unlock doors, I called Porsche Brooklands for a quote and they wanted £100 just to look at it and tell me it needs reprogramming then £75+ vat to programme it. It had a new alarm ECU a couple of years ago fitted at brooklands so I was kinda hoping for abit more compassion.. guess I shouldn't have brought a Porsche. Anyway does anyone know anywhere else that can programme keys abit cheaper? 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Itchigo27 said:

Erm summer 2016 I think, it was over £500.

Is that all from an OPC, or do you mean a lot more than £500.

Sorry to be a pest but the reason I ask is my alarm ECU got flooded while under the care of the previous owner and he chose to hack in a cheap after market central locking/alarm unit instead of getting the ECU fixed.

If it is only £500 to get it sorted properly then I need to talk to an OPC.

1 hour ago, Darkstar said:

Is that all from an OPC, or do you mean a lot more than £500.

Sorry to be a pest but the reason I ask is my alarm ECU got flooded while under the care of the previous owner and he chose to hack in a cheap after market central locking/alarm unit instead of getting the ECU fixed.

If it is only £500 to get it sorted properly then I need to talk to an OPC.

I'll dig the receipt out I can't remember the exact figure. It was also taken in to fix the key as this happened before. but as my keys stopped 2 years later I'm not exactly happy.

Eporsch have a proper Porsche PIWIS OR PST2 so should be able to programme the key. 

On 20/03/2018 at 7:45 PM, Itchigo27 said:

They emailed me back actually saying they can't reprogram a 986 key..

That's correct, unless you have the original input code that came with it. Sadly this ends up in the bin, so it's a new one that you will need the have it programmed.

Hi chaps, I can code a fob to the car if you get a new one with the tag, I can do it without the IPAS codes but need the car. Can code transponders to the car too. I can also (normally) clone a flooded alarm module to a spare used unit (can do this in the post too but obviously better in person in order to test). I'm in Twickenham.

Tim

55 minutes ago, Tim s said:

Hi chaps, I can code a fob to the car if you get a new one with the tag, I can do it without the IPAS codes but need the car. Can code transponders to the car too. I can also (normally) clone a flooded alarm module to a spare used unit (can do this in the post too but obviously better in person in order to test). I'm in Twickenham.

Tim

I'll send you a pm Tim.

Just re-read, even though the light comes on doesn't mean the fob is working. I used a place off ebay years ago to refurb one that had the same behaviour, it worked fine after they refurbed it - I don't think the issue here is keyfob coding. Also note that you'll need a new keyfob with the tag (or the long number from the tag off your existing one) to code a keyfob.

1 hour ago, Tim s said:

Just re-read, even though the light comes on doesn't mean the fob is working. I used a place off ebay years ago to refurb one that had the same behaviour, it worked fine after they refurbed it - I don't think the issue here is keyfob coding. Also note that you'll need a new keyfob with the tag (or the long number from the tag off your existing one) to code a keyfob.

HI Tim,

I could do with a new key for my 986, based in Chertsey. Have you got a link of one from ebay i could buy you're able to code? (:

It's unfortunately a bit of a pain as you can't use any old second hand keyfob, but any 986/996 keyfob that has

i) the tag (or the long string of Hex at the bottom of the tag)  like this (just found with a quick google):

https://goo.gl/images/PWU94H

ii) the same frequency (i.e. not from a US car)

will work. Number of buttons from my experience doesn't really seem to matter (although you don't get extra functionality just by coding the fob!).

The opc wants quite a bit for them sadly. 

If you just want a key without the remote facilities it's much easier and I can code any old transponder (need access to the car though!).

Use this guy I just have, got a new Porsche key and coded for £39.

remote fob centre 

0116 319 1232 

based in Leicester but just post your old key in(recorded delivery) back within in 3/4 days works perfectly. 

Archived