Insured the car twice!!!

I was away on holiday and was confused to have received insurance renewal emails from 2 different companies both for the Boxster. On return home I checked last years bank statement and found a payment to Admiral car insurance 11 days after I had taken out another policy with the AA.

I am adamant I rang Admiral to cancel my renewal last year but they say I had not. I thought it was going to be a fight to get a refund but to Admiral's credit once I had sent them a copy of the AA policy they contacted me today with a full refund.

I pay for my insurance each year in one lump payment using my debit card not a direct debit, how is it insurance companies can then use this to take whatever they feel like out of your account each year. I'm sure I cancelled but I have no way of proving it so it could have been my word against there's. With auto-renewal of a policy you don't even receive any document after you pay as there is only a link to view documents online sent out with the renewal.

Anyway off to sort out this years policy and yes I have cancelled both the AA renewal and the Admiral renewal.....hopefully:blink:

The thing to remember is to insist that you do not want automatic renewal, even though they try at every stage to convince you it's in your best interests and you won't have to worry about being uninsured or forgetting to pay.

Good morning, 

Just seen this post, have you given us a try? We are open today if you'd like a quotation from 8.30am to 5pm, closed tomorrow due to bank holiday but open again on Saturday morning 8.30am - 12noon. 01635 874646

Also, just to note, we would never auto-renew if you pay in full as we won't take a card payment without authorisation from the customer, auto renewals are only if you are on direct debit so there's already an agreement with the bank set-up.

Have a great day!
Carlie

Archived