Factory Cruise Control - Retro Fit

nick_johnson

Morning All, 

I've recently purchased a 2001 Boxster S in January this year, slowly but surely I've been ironing out the small imperfections with the car which has included paintwork, wheel refurb and tyres to name a few of those jobs. 

In July I'm planning on visiting my brother in the South of France and the plan is to take the Boxster however I'd like to see if I can retro fit Cruise Control before the trip, i'm based in Essex therefore I was keen to know if there is anybody local-ish that might be able to do this? Is there also another stalk I can buy and code that allows you to flick between different display's for driver information. 

Thanks in advance for any help, Cheers Nick 

Short answer is yes, Revolution do it in Yorkshire, but I'm sure any decent Porsche Indy should be able to do this, although you may pay more down south. Looks like you can add the trip computer at the same time. Like you say, it's basically replacing a stalk cluster and reprogramming.

Why not make a road trip out of it? Yorkshire has some great driving roads?

http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/upgrades/retrofit-cruise-control-and-on-board-computer

Precision Porsche (http://www.precisionporsche.co.uk) do this - whilst I haven't used them for servicing because the development on my own car is via a longstanding relationship elsewhere it is likely that I will be getting them to do the Cruise Control upgrade.   

Everything I hear suggests that they're highly regarded and someone who got me started on tweaking my 986S works there and in my view he's one of the best 98x/99x techs out there - know's them inside out - ask for James, let him know you heard of them via this forum.

If you can do spanners, this is a relatively simple task. It will need coding once the hardware is fitted. Plenty of guides on the web. Or drive in service with any decent Indy as mentioned above.

carparts4less list the stalks cheap. I think you can swap an OBC stalk onto non OBC stalk, but the cruise and indicators are riveted.

So if you have OBC stalks now, I think you can just buy the indicator + cruise stalks new and save £60 swapping your OBC stalk over.

Archived