Circular vertical holes near front Drain holes

Gutley

So, whilst cleaning out the front drain holes today, I noticed on both the driver's and passengers sides, by the front most drain holes, there are two circular vertical holes in the bodywork that go out into the wheel arch.

I'm trying to determine if these are normal, and if so whether they are meant to have some grommet or bung in them. They are odd due to their proximity to those drain holes and start at the same level.

Can anyone else with a 986 let me know if they have the same holes. Its easier to check the driver's side as the other side has a lot or air con piping in the way. @Topbox has already checked his car for me (a late 2002 Facelift) and he has no such holes. Mine's a 2004.

In case you aren't sure where I mean, I've created a video:

2 minutes ago, Liberty said:

My 987.1 has them,Have you checked your 987?No idea why they are there guessed maybe in case the drain holes get blocked.

no, not checked the 987. In the morning...

28 minutes ago, Topbox said:

Any black holes in the 987 Matt?

Yes! Driver’s side is same as the 986. Passenger has one, but higher up. 

Am going to assume they are normal, or everyone has lost some bit of rubber. 

1 hour ago, Sazzy said:

Hi I just checked mine on the drivers side and it has exactly the same hole as in your video. No rubber bung or suchlike. 2004 986 2.7

Thanks Sazzy, so it seems they started appearing sometime between late 2002 and 2004. 

Archived