agreeing discount as a keyboard warrior

toocan

12 minutes ago, daz05 said:

When I bought mine i was in between two cars, actually showing them the other car and what they were offering was enough for them to move on price without much hassle.  Put as much emphasis on prep as you do price, you don't want lips on brake discs, big services looming and stone chips.  The bumpers and skirts take a real beating on these cars especially with Pirellis and big wheels.

ps - even without seeing pictures that looks awesome for the price.  Great spec - get it bought.

When you say emphasis, this will be over phone (miles away) so whats the thoughts there to ensure the car is prepped properly or you suggesting as leverage to discount?

Theres only 2 manuals in the whole network so aint got much to bounce them off other than general trade

4 minutes ago, toocan said:

When you say emphasis, this will be over phone (miles away) so whats the thoughts there to ensure the car is prepped properly or you suggesting as leverage to discount?

Theres only 2 manuals in the whole network so aint got much to bounce them off other than general trade

Yep the same position as I was in.  Ask for all the approved reports they do as part of the process and lay out your expectations on bodywork, tyres brakes etc after you agree your price.  Try and get that obligation in writing. 

Don't tell them you specifically want a manual, i'd suggest that manual is a compromise for you because the gearing is a bit long and everyone you know is saying how much better PDK is*....but you liked the colour or something.  

* it is by the way ?

I don’t know how OPCs like to do business but I wouldn’t be offering any discounts until I saw the whites of your eyes. I think only face to face is going to get the best price for you. How easy would it be to get to Guildford on the train from where you are. If it’s a day out of your life but saves you upwards of £5k, it would be worth it.

Yes £40k should be achievable depending on demand.  It appears to be a lovely spec though so it wont hang around, is it Guards Red with Black interior?

OPC will do business on the phone as long as you are prepared to pay a deposit on the car.

Having just bought mine from OPC Leicester, the salesman said when I turned up for the test drive that I was the very first person he had dealt with over email initially that had actually turned up to follow through. So it does sound like they get plenty of timewasters in general. A phone call is far better I think if you can't turn up. Although if like me it is difficult to make a call during working hours you don't have much option.

5 hours ago, CMA said:

Having just bought mine from OPC Leicester, the salesman said when I turned up for the test drive that I was the very first person he had dealt with over email initially that had actually turned up to follow through. So it does sound like they get plenty of timewasters in general. A phone call is far better I think if you can't turn up. Although if like me it is difficult to make a call during working hours you don't have much option.

Yes, I bought mine mostly via email conversation with the OPC. It's also difficult for me to talk on the phone during office hours. I do work in an office, but I would rather not talk about buying a Porsche within listening distance of my colleagues! Whereas I can sit and talk all day on email, pretending to work!

Archived