Bluetooth Phone Link

runner

Anyone else got any issues with bluetooth linking a phone ... I've had a 6S iphone linked to my Porsche 981 for a while now ... just upgraded to an Iphone 10 (X) ... and it just won't link ... anyone else had issues ? 

Thanks in advance, 

1 hour ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Of no use to you at all but my iPhone X paired seamlessly with the 981 I had.

Do you have to do anything more than just search on the Iphone when the ignition / car is started etc ? It found "Handsfree" once ... but failed to connect and said the usual "make sure your source is activated" etc ... but restarting phone or car ... it only found it once and then it didn't connect ... do I have to activate the car some how Malcolm ? 

Oddly enough I had to delete and re-sync my iPhone 6 to the car today when it refused to sync the phonebook for some reason.

Anyway I think I did it the opposite way to you, i.e. I searched for the phone from the car like this:

1) open Bluetooth setting on the iPhone (to put the phone in visible to other devices mode)

2) on PCM open Bluetooth settings and 'New Device'  (or something similar to that - not in the car at the moment and don't quite remember exactly what it's called!)

3) search for devices (or something similar)

4) after a short while it should show your iPhone on the display so touch that and then connect

5) then there's something about confirming the code which also shows up on the iPhone so click 'Pair' on the iPhone and that's it, it all synced up.

That's how I did it this morning anyway, hope that helps.

I assume you have the appropriate manual pages, but if not see below: (in below c=phone button, i= option button)

Adding a new Bluetooth® device

For the PCM to find your Bluetooth® device, please ensure that the Bluetooth® function on the device has been activated and set to “visible”.

1. Press the c button.
  2. Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
  3. Select “Bluetooth settings
>
“ New device”. 
A search is started and a list of the devices found is displayed. 
  1. Select the device you want in the list.
    A six-digit Bluetooth® code, which you must confirm on your device, is generated and displayed by the PCM.
  2. Confirm the displayed Bluetooth® code on your device.
    Successful authorisation of the Bluetooth® device is shown on the display and the connection is established.

With older devices, you may be required to enter the necessary Bluetooth® code for your device. In this case, the required Bluetooth® code is shown on the PCM display.
Once you have entered the code, successful authorisation of the device is indicated on the display.

It can take a few seconds for the Bluetooth® device to be authorised.

With some mobile phones, the connection request by the PCM must be explicitly confirmed on the mobile phone. This may even have to be done a number of times in some cases, for example before transferring the phonebook. To avoid this request, you can authorise the PCM in your mobile phone’s list of devices. The connection will then be established automatically in the future, without the need for further checks.

It can take a few seconds for the Bluetooth ® device to be authorised. 
If the list of authorised Bluetooth ® devices is full (max. 5 mobile phones), you must first delete a device from the list. An appropriate message will be displayed. To find out more, please refer to the section DELETING AN AUTHORISED BLUETOOTH® DEVICE FROM THE LIST“

Establishing a connection from an external Bluetooth® device

If the PCM does not find your mobile phone or a connection attempt by the PCM fails, you can also start the authorisation from the mobile phone.

1. If another mobile phone is connected with the PCM, switch off Bluetooth® on the connected mobile phone to disconnect the connection with the PCM.
  2. Press the c button.
  3. Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
The PCM is now visible for external devices. 

Please ensure that the Bluetooth® visibility of the PCM is activated. To find out more, please see the following section.

1. Using the mobile phone, search for audio accessories or devices that support Bluetooth®. Refer to the manufacturer’s operating instructions to find out how to do this.
  2. Select the device “PCM” from the mobile phone’s search results and establish a connection.
Refer to the manufacturer’s operating instructions to find out how to do this. 
  1. A six-digit Bluetooth® code, which you must confirm on your mobile phone, is generated and displayed by the PCM.
  2. Confirm the displayed Bluetooth® code on your mobile phone.
Once you have confirmed the code, successful authorisation of the device is indicated on the display. 

With some mobile phones, the connection to the PCM must be explicitly established from the mobile phone following authorisation. Refer to the operating manual for your mobile phone for more information.

With some mobile phones, the Bluetooth® code must be directly provided by the mobile phone during the connection request. If this is the case, enter a 4-digit code of your choice on your mobile phone and confirm it with OK.

Setting visibility

To ensure that your PCM can be found by other devices via the Bluetooth® interface, it must be “visible” (=recognisable) for other devices during the search.
To prevent further unwanted connection requests, you can deactivate visibility of the PCM after the connection operation.

1. Press the c button.
  2. Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
  3. Select “Bluetooth settings”.
  4. Select “PCM visible” to activate (b) or deactivate (a) visibility of the PCM.

Archived