Just called in to have a look

Kevan

Called into local AD yesterday, talked a few figures, then took a 718 Kamen out today for a few hours. Found it to be very quick indeed.

Looked at what they had in and nothing jumped out, then spotted a Crayon Grey with lots of bits, but was too expensive. So we were taken into the compound to have a look at a Crayon Grey Boxster... I don't know why, it was the same price! So we had a can of coke, a long talk and another can of coke, still too expensive... taking delivery on Saturday!

B293D31C-3264-4F9D-B961-463BC84737A6_zps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's her's.... ish!

I didn't want to like it! But it was very swift, the current one is due a major service and a tyre or two, so it makes financial sense, that's how I justified it!

Spec is rather eye watering.

Crayon was expensive in my eyes, painted logo, Bi-Xenon Porsche Dynamic, tinted tail lights, park assist f/r, Sports Design Package high gloss, side intake grills painted, roll bars painted black, rear wing painted, door handles painted, PDK, sports chronology, sports tail pipes, 20" Carrera S wheels... painted black! Cruise control, dipping mirror and rain sensors, heated steering wheel, sports seats plus, heated seats....

2 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Are they taking yours in P/ex or will you be generously offering it for sale here?

No, just traded it, the price was reasonable and got a little off the new one so I was happy with the deal... actually, never thought of selling it on here. Would have had to service it also. It is actually booked in! £600 odd for service, £90 for brake fluid and £260 for plugs. A couple of tyres very soon, £550 ish.

The reason we bought it?

It is rapid, very rapid. It makes a noise, a different noise, but it makes a noise. My daughter's F Type makes a noise, but this is... I am going to say it again.... rapid, almost brutally rapid. Do you need an "S", I question the reason. The steering is an improvement on our current 981, the interior is all but identical.

I have read so much about the engine note and did not want to like it. I loved it. Mrs. Kevan took it out by herself, she said it was so much more responsive than her's.

Looking forward to Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

Great choice and stunning colour, gotta love a bit of “man maths”

I had everyone confused, including myself as I found every excuse in my head to buy it.

However, took the 981 into work today, pulled onto the motorway this evening and a HGV hit the car in front of me. The car did 180 degrees across the carriageway and all I could think about was... "how is this going to impact on my trade in?"

I did slow down for the rest of the journey.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

like a kid on Christmas Eve ?

just need the rain to stay away... lots of photos.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Make sure you film the reveal.

You will never get bored of watching it back.

They asked if we wanted the full reveal! As if you wouldn't! 

when i drove 5001 miles to get my 981 . from a respected  Porsche dealer . i found the reveal a pain in the ar*e  . i just said get the cover off and my huge name tag in the bin . its the car i want not into the panto side of it .:shutup:

2 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

when i drove 5001 miles to get my 981 . from a respected  Porsche dealer . i found the reveal a pain in the ar*e  . i just said get the cover off and my huge name tag in the bin . its the car i want not into the panto side of it .:shutup:

Each to their own, but I buy a special car and I want a special handover experience.

4 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Each to their own, but I buy a special car and I want a special handover experience.

sorry mate . if thats your thing i hope its a great one for you ......... cant wait to see pics of the car .  its stunning  

9 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

sorry mate . if thats your thing i hope its a great one for you ......... cant wait to see pics of the car .  its stunning  

Not me this time but I am sure the OP appreciates your comments ??

Archived