Just called in to have a look

Kevan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scubaregs said:

Is the reveal only for new cars?

Nope, had a reveal for mine last year (64-plate BGTS).

was brilliant as took my son with me under the ruse of travelling 350 miles to pick up a work pool car, he didn’t know I’d bought my Boxster so the reveal was all part of it. Priceless.

The camera is coming out today. I posted the reveal on Faceache and I have read many comments elsewhere, a few of which refer to it as a Subaru. Oddly enough, my wife would never allow me to have an Impreza, perhaps this is justice!

First impressions? Colour is very eye catching, pulled up outside of the restaurant last night and the staff came out! Chatted to guy driving an R8 and he liked the look. I was sad to see the 981 go, but this one is on rails, playing with the Sport, Sport+ is going to be fun, but the car is new and has 34 miles on the clock now.

The sound, it has sport tail pipes, but not exhaust, the 981 was nice noise, this is rumble noise, does it bother me? Probably not! Am I a noise snob? Probably not! Am I a snob? Probably! Is my wife a snob..... well she would not let me buy an Impreza!

Welcome to the dark side! Love mine and I’m sure you’ll be the same. After 6 months I love the noise, really naughty when you’re in the mood. I’ve only done 1800 miles but it’s starting to loosen up nicely and boy is it quick, properly quick. 

Just now, Bluepork03 said:

That looks good! I see the roof's broken already though...……;)

Tell my burnt head that! 

Very nice, like the colour coded side vents. Enjoy!

Just washed it, cleaned the tyre dressing from the arches, looks fantastic, attracts a great deal of attention in the city traffic. I am a very happy puppy.

Very nice - welcome to the 718 club. Your car looks great in that colour. They really start to loosen up after a few thousand miles. I have 14,500 on mine now and I still love it every day.

So is this an off white, or a light grey ?  

Congrats on the new car.  I had one for a very extended test(6 weeks) so I can appreciate some of your comments.

One tip - If you press the push to pass button, press it again to cancel as you often don't need it for the complete burst.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

So is this an off white, or a light grey ?  

Congrats on the new car.  I had one for a very extended test(6 weeks) so I can appreciate some of your comments.

One tip - If you press the push to pass button, press it again to cancel as you often don't need it for the complete burst.

It is a definite grey, I shall photograph a sheet of white paper on it to show the difference.

I have tried the button once and switched it of within 5 seconds.

Archived