Fitting 2 left front discs?

el 3.2S

2 hours ago, uggski said:

Quick update. I have now received two more air filters but no replies to the emails I have sent them. I have asked if I can just return them to ECP. As before I will wait to hear from them before i do anything but I won't be holding my breath.

After some recent experience with ECP online I'd probably always go for picking up stuff from a store. I had a big order (front and rear suspension) that they took ages to deliver all of it, and when they delivered the wrong things they never replied to the online tickets and I could never get hold of them by phone. After 1hr 40 mins I got hold of someone on online chat who organised an exchange at a local ECP. Still no responses to 3 online email support tickets after a month or so. Their online support is a shambles. In store they are much more helpful, but I always end up waiting 10 to 15 mins to get hold of someone.

What a way to run a company, or two companies, or whatever they are? Not had the enthusiasm to fit my discs & pads yet - or do the oil change, for that matter. Paypal refund hasn't happened yet either. Suppose I could always get the GT3 cooling ducts to help offset any heating, should I ever be doing excessive downill braking!?

I gave up trying to speak to anyone on their customer services line after waiting on hold for over half an hour on 3 occasions. Oh well, their problem. I got a free service out of it. I'll probably get a letter in about April when the accountants go through things and see it has not been paid.

Last year I bought a Lucas Alternator off ECP online, it was on one of their offers  so it was £200ish instead of the £500ish type thing... anyway, it turned up, my mechanic fitted it and it did not work. I arranged to return it a couple of days later and dropped it off to the local store and ordered one from the company that is recommended on here. The alternator was no longer on the offer price when I took it back to the store and they refunded the £500ish to my card... did I feel bad? No as I had to pay 2 lots of labour to fit another alternator, but I was still quids in!

Archived