Porsche Manual Gearbox Oil

Eddy555

15 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Ah yes, group buy anyone.? 

Try your local opc and see if they will sell you a few litres..... might cost a bit though. 

Im in, seeing as my cars done 193k on the same oil.

I've read of other folk buying the correct quantity from the OPC at a fairly reasonable price, although you'll need your own container...

• 4 weeks later...

After a fair few problems sending and receiving emails to my local OPC I managed to get a quote for 3 litres of the oil of just over £82.

Zuffenhaus can do it with Pagid fluid for £60.

Hmmm. And I'd still need to buy a bit to undo the gearbox drain plug.

I asked Mid Sussex Porsche this question the other day about a 2004 s and the answer they gave me is below...You can buy this stuff from Opie Oils in smaller quantities.

Regards the transmission oil, is it a particular one (like Mobil Mobilube PTX 75w-90 Multipurpose Gear Oil) or is it a Porsche product that can only be bought from yourselves?

Yes the oil used is Mobilube SHC 75w-90 Gear oil. Unfortunately we only order this in large 20Litre barrels for use in the workshop.

OPC changed my gearbox oil today when it was in for a major service. Can't say that I've noticed any difference whatsoever & technician said that the oil which came out looked ok.

You can purchase the OPC used Mobil Mobilube SHC 75W 90 gear oil in 1 litre containers relativly easily with a google search. You need 2.25 litres so will have to buy 3 litres.

I posted a guide to oil + tools a few years back if that helps (4 or 5 posts down from first post)

Archived