Jacking Front of Car

Eddy555

Hi, how do people jack up the front of the car and still allow you to put axle stands under the jacking points at the front?

The rear is easy, I can get my jack under the car and jack up under the rear suspension cross bracing.

The front is more difficult as my jack won't go under the car to the points mentioned on Pelican Parts (yellow arrow)Pic1.jpg

It's a decent car jack (something like this one https://www.costco.co.uk/Hardware-DIY-Tyres/Automotive/Trolley-Jacks-Axle-Stands/Arcan-2000kg-Aluminium-and-Steel-Service-Jack-Model-HJ2000EU/p/900930) but isn't low or long enough to reach either the reinforced area of the chassis or anything under the front suspension.

Any pointers are welcome ?

2 hours ago, red rocket said:

Yep, use the rear jack point and the front lifts off too.

Yep. I always jack from the rear and then slip axle stands under the front jacking points.  I have looked at alternative jacking pints but feel slightly nervous about trying anything else in case I end up crushing something.  

3 hours ago, Eddy555 said:

I did actually search for this but didn't turn up those results. Maybe I needed different search terms.

Some great replies on here though :)

LOL I wasn't being sarky the 'SEARCH' function really is a hit and miss affair.

The only reason I found them is I had posted in them so you are right about the search terms, can be frustrating.

A lot of the old posts on here were entertaining ?

Archived