Wheel sizes...10 inch on rear?

toplad

Looking for some information from the guru's 

Is it possible to fit a 10 inch Carrera wheel to the 987?

I'm ok with the off sets changes, but does it effect the car in terms of handling going up an inch at the rear?

Yes they will fit

I had 10" rims on the rear of my 986.

In my opinion handling improved, and when I fitted slightly wider rubber to them they were way more comfortable too. 

Cosmetically they looked great and filled the arches perfectly. They also looked a tad stretched with the 265 rubber.

Said rims are now my winter tyres on the 981

On 6/29/2018 at 10:06 AM, toplad said:

Looking for some information from the guru's 

Is it possible to fit a 10 inch Carrera wheel to the 987?

I'm ok with the off sets changes, but does it effect the car in terms of handling going up an inch at the rear?

I thought the crab claws were 10inch that you have on at the moment?by 10 inch is that the width?appologys if I’m missing something....

32 minutes ago, toplad said:

These are my current wheels...18's

Boxster S.jpg

Exactly I thought they’re called crab claw and are 10 inch Wide on the rear.Smaller fronts.

Think those are standard 987 "Boxster S" rims and 18x8 front 18x9 rear, but I'm sure someone will be along to confirm.

Or you could look at the embossed either side of the valves.  The lower number is the width, the higher is the offset.

3 hours ago, Patt said:

Think those are standard 987 "Boxster S" rims and 18x8 front 18x9 rear, but I'm sure someone will be along to confirm.

Or you could look at the embossed either side of the valves.  The lower number is the width, the higher is the offset.

Correct on all counts sir :)

Archived