Texts, emails, jukebox.

Scubaregs

I know I should read the manual.....

I can get messages on the PCMS but when I go into it, says my folders are empty.

Cannot get emails to show at all.

Connected an ipod and it showed up,in jukebox  but said no files, connecting a portable hard drive and doing nothing.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

2 hours ago, Scubaregs said:

I know I should read the manual.....

I can get messages on the PCMS but when I go into it, says my folders are empty.

Cannot get emails to show at all.

Connected an ipod and it showed up,in jukebox  but said no files, connecting a portable hard drive and doing nothing.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I've never been able to get emails from either iphone, or android, to show on either the PCM on the Cayenne or 981...

IIRC the texts dont even show on PCM for the iphone at all, and with the android if I receive a text whilst connected to PCM, once disconnected they dont show on the actual phone handset either..

You'd think for a premium brand they'd have sorted it out...I'd love to hear form someone who has it working properly...

Ok, loaded songs into jukebox. However when they are on the hard drive connected via USB I can see my files, once on jukebox though I can't, all classed under "unknown album."

1 hour ago, Scubaregs said:

Ok, loaded songs into jukebox. However when they are on the hard drive connected via USB I can see my files, once on jukebox though I can't, all classed under "unknown album."

Did all the .mp3 files have ID3 tags with title, artist, album etc? (These tags could have been added by you manually via eg iTunes, or automatically by any software that can access the online Gracenote database when you rip CDs.) Or do they just a filename that identifies what they are? Because I think the Jukebox expects them to have tags in order to organise them properly - without tags I think your options to find the music you want to play are much more limited. 

I get all my emails and text pinging up on mine. I have an Android but my problem is I want to turn it off now as I get new emails every few minutes. I need to go a read the book as well!

Some of my tracks are downloads, I have them in a folder marked "Porsche" (No prizes for originality.) They are all there, just under uknown album rather than Porsche.

Any easy way to get music from itunes onto jukebox?

its been covered before but its easier to load music mp3s etc onto a USB flashdrive and then plug it into the port in the glove box, there is nothing but space on my Jukebox....PCM goes down you'll lose your music, a flashdirve would still have it all safely...also its cheap as chops to buy a bigger flashdrive than PCM could ever hold too

Archived