Had an alignment done

toplad

Just had an aligned done.

A slight  bit extra front chamber on the front, 0.5 of a degree, 

The rear was a bit strange, the operator could not get less than 1:42 on the right rear, so had to set the left rear to the same for the sake of balance, I would have liked 1.5

These figures are just out on some values, bit on the right side for a sporty setup, the car drives better, now I'm just lacking rear grip from the Nankang's I think

What do you guys think

Before

34rynbl.jpg

After

15rmivk.jpg

God knows why it's sideways, it wasn't when I up loaded it

At least it's nice and even. If you like it more neutral and to 'attack' the corners you could try for more negative camber on the front. 

I've been having ago at attacking corners, but the rear isn't liking it one bit :)

What figure would you suggest on the front?

My front Contis have worn thin enough to be replaced by Michelins now, looking around it appears PS4's for around £135 (they're 235/45-ZR18) are likely the way I'll go, already have Michis on the back.... it's in at Northway Porsche at the moment (service/rear brakes/tiptronic select problem) but picking up later today.

A while ago I also had alignment done and afterwards it did feel more 'planted', the 535d feels like it's glued to the ground, but heavily, the 987.1 feels more like fidgety but potentially higher grip, IF you believe it.... it's more of a nervous fidgety ride...  

You may  find new with  Michelins on the front the car will settle down and feels less fidgety , I replaced a pair of contis on the front due to age more than anything, it had the effect of calming down the front end a lot

Archived