Has insurance hiked up or is it just me?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just renewed with AIB,they beat A-plan by £200! and have added Emm to the policy …….. to which shes just taken her daughter to dance class in it ...which is 10 min drive but shes been gone half hour lol :)

17 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

Just renewed with AIB,they beat A-plan by £200! and have added Emm to the policy …….. to which shes just taken her daughter to dance class in it ...which is 10 min drive but shes been gone half hour lol :)

You haven't got the hang of the mother/daughter after school class things yet have you!!! 

10 min drive = drive like you stole it, so 5 mins in reality

40 mins gossiping with other parents

10 min drive back = got to pop into sainsburys or tesco on the way back so in reality another 30 mins

:laugh:

2 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

You haven't got the hang of the mother/daughter after school class things yet have you!!! 

10 min drive = drive like you stole it, so 5 mins in reality

40 mins gossiping with other parents

10 min drive back = got to pop into sainsburys or tesco on the way back so in reality another 30 mins

:laugh:

She's just got back .... she's a petrol head and loved driving it but said one woman shouted at her calling a sl*t and over heard another woman saying "she's obviously sleeping with an old man to drive that" I just said you get use to people like that lol

3 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

She's just got back .... she's a petrol head and loved driving it but said one woman shouted at her calling a sl*t and over heard another woman saying "she's obviously sleeping with an old man to drive that" I just said you get use to people like that lol

Some people are so feking retarded!!!! 

Your not that old are you :laugh:

2 hours ago, r1flyguy said:

Some people are so feking retarded!!!! 

Your not that old are you :laugh:

Not too old ... and I think I've lost my Boxster, she's finding all the excuses to keep taking it out this morning -she's just gone out in it again lol 

4 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

Not too old ... and I think I've lost my Boxster, she's finding all the excuses to keep taking it out this morning -she's just gone out in it again lol 

Least it’s getting used on all those short journeys ???

On 9/7/2018 at 9:26 AM, MikeT999 said:

Same sort of thing here - Quotemehappy are around 250, depending what I do with the voluntary excess.  My current insurer are asking for 520 ?

Just to close the loop, I ended up staying with my current insurer (after some negotiation), as most of the compare the meerkat types wouldn't cover me once I told them it's not kept at home.

I can't fault the service of AIB so far.

Cheers,

Mike.

Mine had gone and having been with same company last two years I didn’t want to change but I shopped around.

Had a like for like policy from Manning and  my previous insurers still could not match it and were a little over £100 more expensive. New polucy was cheaper than previous years.

I’m happy with Manning.  Due to renew in December.  I’m hoping they are competitive as the policy and service I have received from them has been excellent this last year (and was actually lower cost when I took it out than Lockton or Admiral to name two).  

Gone down for me - but only after shopping around.  Renewal quote was £524. Tried site sponsor Cherished (because of this thread) and down to £316.  I have ditched agreed value and track day cover but it still feels like a good deal.

Archived