TechnoTorque Thoughts

Lennym1984

Hi,

I'm not overly bothered about squeezing more HP from my car but given that I married into an American family and tend to go over there once a year, I was wondering about trying to pick up a TechnoTorque from Pedro's garage.

I already have a 996 TB on my 2.5 (it cost me next to nothing and is a direct fit on the early engines) and so I am wondering if the TechnoTorque will really add anything to the driving experience. Has anybody got one fitted to their car and if so what is the general consensus? Can you feel the change or shall I just take the money (about £190) and use it for another track day?

Thoughts?

I’ve read about these but never actually met anyone over here which had one.

But in theory it should work as the air distribution is more equal and I would imagine on par with ipd plenum but a lot cheaper.

I used the 987 plenum and Cayman S throttle body on my 986s and it made a nice difference in the mid range torque.

Personally for £200 I would give it ago?

@marseille who has sadly sold up did a. DIY version in his 2.5. Barely worth the expense of hassle for the even more marginal gains that you already get. 

Archived