Aftermarket Parts

highsider

Hello All,

Just had an inspection on the car and some bits are worn and will need replacing soon - especially with an MOT looming. The garage prefers to use genuine parts, but happy to fit aftermarket so are there good copies?

I'll need the following:

- O/S/F Drop Link (anti-roll bar)

- Engine Mount

- O/S/F Track Rod Control Arm

- O/S/R Track Rod Control Arm

- Power Steering Pressure line.

Any pointers for alternative replacements?

I've done a bit of search and Frazerpart have some options. For example, The Control Arms can be a Meyle @ £72 inc VAT, not the £157 I have been quoted for the genuine option. Can't find an alternative for the Power Steering Pressure line or Engine mount. Also, any aftermarket brands to avoid?

Cheers!

Have you tried eurocarparts.com

i had to have the rear bushes replaced for my MOT and my garage told me euro were the cheapest for them when they rang around suppliers - even they were shocked that they were the cheapest place. 

They might be worth a look. 

7 minutes ago, highsider said:

Thanks mate - but its expensive on there as well for what I'm looking for. Was worth looking tho.

Have you used a discount code? Their standard prices are high, but there is almost always a sale on worth 30% or so. CapParts4Less are the same group, but have less discounts, but lower everyday prices.

No problem, always worth a look. I bought a set of rear pads (Brembos) with 50% off not long back, they have a lot of flash Sales throughout the year, granted a lot of it is shyate, but you do get bargains like my brake pads now and again ?

I also have a discount code for 35% off at the moment if it helps - use code mid35

Thanks

Where possible I would go for the OEM part most often made by TRW. I have heard but never had them side by side that the Meyle coffin arms are a fraction shorter than the TRW ones. They for just fine but if you want as much negative camber as possible then the Meyle won't do it. 

Meyle coffin arms sometimes dont work on the rear, they are ok on the front. CTE are the preferred OEM quality versions. The mount and steering line will be Genuine only.

9 hours ago, T911UK said:

Meyle coffin arms sometimes dont work on the rear, they are ok on the front. CTE are the preferred OEM quality versions. The mount and steering line will be Genuine only.

ECP do an aftermarket engine mount. Or do you think its best to get the genuine item for this?

If it's Lemforder it should be fine. Others here have pressed in that bush to the original mount. 

It was a few years ago since I bought one !

IIRC even Porsche have now superseded the 986 part to the 987.  Call you local dealer and give them your reg/vin number.

Archived