Combined luggage capacity?

udat

Hi,

Does anyone know the luggage capacity of the two "boots" in a 987?  I've found data saying "260 litres" which I think must be just for the rear trunk, and not include the "frunk", but maybe someone here knows for sure?

:)

280 litres, split 150 front and 130 rear. 260 was for the 986 (130+130). I suspect the increase for the 987 was by getting rid of the space-saver wheel.

That's an interesting question. On 2 lo g distance European trips with frunk fully loaded  I have noticed a creaking from the front suspension at the end of a days driving. Strangely doesn't appear until after 250 miles+. Only happens when Mrs Nutsy with me. And she is not heavy......but her 2 weeks luggage is. I guess I am over loading the suspension. Doesn't seem to affect the handling.

I can’t find anything specific other than the volume of the two storage areas and the maximum permissible laden weight of the vehicle as a whole. 

I think this is displayed on the label inside your drivers door.

So the maximum weight limit is a function of your weight along with your luggage... how large is your missus? ?

I would personally just be sensible about weight distribution and not worry about it too much. 

9 hours ago, Jon61 said:

280 litres, split 150 front and 130 rear. 260 was for the 986 (130+130). I suspect the increase for the 987 was by getting rid of the space-saver wheel.

You maybe correct but one of my girlfriends measured this in a more useful manner...

She said you can get 4 boxes of new shoes (pumps, stilettoes or court shoes), a 2 piece work suit, some thigh length leather boots (to treat the other half) and several tops from River Island - and that's just the front boot...still plenty of room for 'round two' shopping in the rear!

55 minutes ago, rowbos wife said:

You maybe correct but one of my girlfriends measured this in a more useful manner...

She said you can get 4 boxes of new shoes (pumps, stilettoes or court shoes), a 2 piece work suit, some thigh length leather boots (to treat the other half) and several tops from River Island - and that's just the front boot...still plenty of room for 'round two' shopping in the rear!

Funny you should say that Mrs R, personally I find the most relevant measurement unit is 'cases of wine'.

33 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I have stood in the 987 front boot to lift the battery out, so that’s 75kg plus battery. 

Yeah I wondered whether to do the same a few weeks ago when I was changing the battery on a friend's 997. I decided I didn't want to risk the floor of the boot not taking the concentrated weight (I may be more than 75kg ...), although thinking more about it now in terms of the gross laden weight, I suspect it would be OK. It would certainly be easier than lifting the battery was with outstretched arms.

5 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Yeah I wondered whether to do the same a few weeks ago when I was changing the battery on a friend's 997. I decided I didn't want to risk the floor of the boot not taking the concentrated weight (I may be more than 75kg ...), although thinking more about it now in terms of the gross laden weight, I suspect it would be OK. It would certainly be easier than lifting the battery was with outstretched arms.

I read online a suggestion to use a piece of thick ply on the floor of the frunk to spread the weight. Makes sense to me.  

7 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

question is could he see over the bonnet lip when he was in there?

Ah yes.  11 stone odd but vertically challenged.  That makes sense.  

He does seem quite down to earth. 

Archived