Front Bumper Mesh 987.1 S

AdyG

Hi

Does anyone know of a company who makes pre cut mesh for the front Bumper? I'm looking for mesh to go behind the horizontal bars that run across the condenser pods. 

If no joy I will go with the Zunsport ones ?

Cheers 

Ady

Cheers for the prompt reply.  I'd noticed close up that they're not the best fit.

I will probably remove the bumper over winter and see if I can do something ?

I just don’t seem to have any luck with the Zunsport’s!

I think part of the problem is l like the look of the grills so sticking something over doesn’t appeal.

Fitted behind is the best of both plus if you remove the bumper you can clean the rads properly before meshing them off.

I did buy some aluminium mesh for the job but it was quite awkward to work with, I would recommend some black plastic mesh ?

Don't get too thick a guage of metal. Plus use a small jammer to form around the grilles 

Many thanks Simon. September is fairly hectic with work and a holiday. When you know nearer the time let me know what day you are planning on and if I'm free it would be great to come down. 

Cheers Ady

Zunsport fitted all mine really well, the trick is to put masking tape on where the arms are before fitting so they don’t scratch your bumper. Then they need to be very slightly bent so they sit in the space correctly. And to remove as they will be a tight fit, use needle nose pliers to grip them and flex them enough to take out

After reading this thread I have fitted the Zunsport front kit (left, right and centre grills). They fit well.

I didn't bother with tape as it seemed over the top to me. The centre grill did have some extremely sharp bits where the mesh meets the outer rim, so I held back from fitting that as no tape would have prevented scratches. I picked up a nasty cut without realising as the bits were so sharp.

After filing all of these smooth with a metal file I finally fitted the central grill too.

In the course of fitting the central grill I was surprised to see that the central intake on the S seems to serve no purpose at all.

FrontGrill.jpg

I replaced both radiators and drier a few weeks ago and decided to fit my own mesh whilst the bumper was removed. Cable tied some black plastic mesh that I had lying around from leaf guard on the guttering. Just had a re-gas at ats through a Groupon and everything working spot on. Fingers crossed.

1533667497988-1614774319.jpg

Archived