Scotland tour video 2 x 981s

daz05

Great video, it almost looks like you know what you are doing?. Roads look awesome up there, ive never ventured further North than the Dumfries /Galloway area in the Boxster it seems Scotland has decent roads all over the place.

Great video, really enjoyed that. Bought back memories from last October when @PEZ 9815 and myself did the route, although your weather seems a lot better and those pesky roadworks on the bridge have gone, so we couldn’t get a good shot.

K3kpNDd.jpg

VgfiLJT.jpg

0RHoUiI.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Really good  video. 

Great angle from over your shoulder (I.e. from 7 mins +)  is that mounted on the rear wing?, looks like it isn’t a rigid mount as there seems to be some movement/stabilisation independent of the car. Is that some sort of gyroscopic mount?

1 hour ago, Greenman said:

Really good  video. 

Great angle from over your shoulder (I.e. from 7 mins +)  is that mounted on the rear wing?, looks like it isn’t a rigid mount as there seems to be some movement/stabilisation independent of the car. Is that some sort of gyroscopic mount?

Thanks man, mounted on the flat surface of the rear quarter yes.  Next time i'll try and film from multiple angles at the same time.  The mount is firm, the camera has optical stabilisation built in, Sony device - very impressed.

Great video - have driven all those roads on various trips to Scotland.  You guys did a lot in just two days!

29 minutes ago, rpn said:

Stage 1 is more or less in my backyard, know the road well and driven the route many times in both Boxsters and also motorbikes. nMX47u9.gif 1wmdnZb.gif

Then we probably aren't too far apart, come along next time.

30 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

Fantastic mate. Loved the vision and the roads .  You should have put more of Glencoe in. Or did the tourists spoil it a bit..    loved the camera work and placements.  10/10 ..

Thanks mate, yes was incredibly busy that day, it was 27c in Fort William and seemed like the whole country had migrated to the area!  Stunning scenes in that area and I wish I had done some more filming, the issue was the driving itself was  a bit boring.

Great video and pics. I have driven that road up through Sutherland many times and it's fantastic. Would really like to take my 981 up there which incidentally is the same colour as the silver one in your pics. 

Thanks Kev

Archived