Anyone Got A Forest Green Boxster???

triang

1 hour ago, triang said:

Love that colour ...and so rare!

I wanted a green and tan (savannah) leather when I bought mine, but as you say very few around, only one around at the time was a 2.5 tiptronic and I wanted 3.2 S manual.

Would you believe it - just checked on Autotrader (no green 986 on Pistonheads) and there are 3, one is a low miles, 1 owner 3.2S manual about 10miles from me, oh where were you 6months ago...

The 2.5 tip is a green (java) I've never seen before too,

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?search-target=usedcars&radius=&make=PORSCHE&model=BOXSTER&price-from=&price-to=&year-from=&maximum-mileage=&zero-to-60=&annual-tax-cars=&colour=Green&keywords=&maximum-badge-engine-size=&transmission=&co2-emissions-cars=&insuranceGroup=&seller-type=&postcode=ls81bp

1 hour ago, golfprorich said:

Nearly got one a couple a years ago but ended up with the much faster colour B)

Seal Grey is an ace colour too...

In fact isn't that the colour the Royal Navy chose for their new aircraft carrier?☺️

Hi,

yep I’ve had my S , RFG with Savannah , for about 12 or 14 or so years but not driven it for about the last 10 so it’s been mainly  tucked up in the garage or under cover outside depending on what other cars I’ve had.   Still have a huge soft spot for the Boxster though so have decided to recommission it and start enjoying it again.  Am just starting to check and replace anything to get her roadworthy again and ready for an MOT.  Will get some pics once I can get her out in the sun, that colour really does come alive once the sun’s on it.   Seeing one go by me in summer once is what got me into buying a. A Boxster and.    b. An RFG one 

We went along to a BoXa.net rolling road day years ago and ,  despite other owners over confidence, actually the Green car was the most powerful ??, still got the rolling road print out graph as a poster on the garage wall.

Andy

2 minutes ago, Andy Amersham said:

Hi,

yep I’ve had my S , RFG with Savannah , 

Andy

Hey Andy you say "RFG" does that mean the Forest Green is not the full name of the colour ..."Real Forest Green"? "Royal Forest Green"???

24 minutes ago, NicGun said:

Would you believe it - just checked on Autotrader (no green 986 on Pistonheads) and there are 3, one is a low miles, 1 owner 3.2S manual about 10miles from me, oh where were you 6months ago...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?search-target=usedcars&radius=&make=PORSCHE&model=BOXSTER&price-from=&price-to=&year-from=&maximum-mileage=&zero-to-60=&annual-tax-cars=&colour=Green&keywords=&maximum-badge-engine-size=&transmission=&co2-emissions-cars=&insuranceGroup=&seller-type=&postcode=ls81bp

Wow I've never seen or even heard of that java colour before!

15 minutes ago, triang said:

Hey Andy you say "RFG" does that mean the Forest Green is not the full name of the colour ..."Real Forest Green"? "Royal Forest Green"???

Well...... When I bought my car I was under the impression the full name for the colour was Rain Forest Green, but someone else has questioned that so it may be that I’ve added the “Rain” bit by mistake at some point !   I guess we can find out easy enough with a few mins on google, I’ll also see if my V5 or original docs state the colour to that detail. 

Just now, triang said:

@Andy Amersham

I think you're right Rainforest Green it is....learned something today ☺️

Porsche 2A1, Porsche 2A2, Porsche J4, Porsche Rainforest Green Metallic

Ahhhh haha.   , good ,  phew, I thought that YouTube vid was proving me wrong but if you’ve found the paint codes then that is probably correct, I’ll check my paint code later.     

xgreehn.jpg.7810e18eb9e0121c73e98040ed7a71de.jpgdb7beb9e775642e9a3e1a78b271a7e9e.jpg.1ac5da646be212f4179bd5ce6977d5e4.jpg

Hmm

In your example of these 3 ads Andy obviously the top one is Jade Green but the other two must be different shades of green as well..???

The bottom one  is the one I'm after (forest green) the top one is a lot darker and looks almost black in the photos - no point in respraying mine to a very dark black green if I'm trying to get away from black

Confusing this colour choosing - don't want the sprayer to order the wrong one...

I found my original post on here back in 2004 when I was on here as "Andy Watford".

Here's a couple of pics of my Green, you can see the difference in the bits with sun on them.  I wanted a hardtop but there was no chance of finding a RFG one so I ended up buying a darker green one, that actually looks ok, I think that was called Teal,  a lovely classy colour,   but I'm even more vague about that than about the name of my car's colour !!

These pics are from my post in 2004.

Boxster 2004 1.jpg

Boxster 2004 2.jpg

Boxster 2004 3.jpg

Thanks Andy

you have been a great help in confirming that RFG is the colour I want and not the darker one...

...after all I only get one chance of asking the resprayers about it so I don't want to come back and find it, for example, Java!

2 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Pine green metallic 2B4
Ocean jade metallic 25K
Rainforest green metallic 2A1
Lagoon green metallic M6W
Wimbledon green metallic 2B6

Just looked under the bonnet at the build sticker , Paint Code L2A1  J4    so yes, I am Rainforest Green, phew !

28 minutes ago, triang said:

Thanks Andy

you have been a great help in confirming that RFG is the colour I want and not the darker one...

...after all I only get one chance of asking the resprayers about it so I don't want to come back and find it, for example, Java!

??

If you haven't found one in the next couple of weeks I'm sure mine will be up and running, and out of the garage,  and I'll get some more paint specific pics up.

6 hours ago, NicGun said:

that's a colour I've never seen before

154b8a5ce0d14f9ea3e53f59942a745d.jpg

Archived