Headlights etc

Artj

As a fairly new 981 owner I am working my way through the owners handbook, I usually make a couple of trips each year to France & Switzerland, I am concerned about adjusting my dipped headlight beams to prevent any agrivation from the locals. I do not think I have the headlights that do not require adjustment but could someone confirm that from the enclosed photo before I investigate further ? As an alternative the manual mentions a unit that has a universal beam pattern which uses the Bi-xenon bulbs, would these be a straight swop or is there some difference in the power supply requirements/cabling etc ?

2nd question, is the TPM function a standard feature or did it have to be added as an option when the car was ordered ? I ask because I cannot find a menu option for it in the multi function dial, but as a new owner I am sure it will be so obvious that I have missed it ? thanks

9E2CF08C-C334-4492-85D1-AF56BCE66EB8.jpeg

You need the pdsl lights for switching. We did a trip to France and Italy this year, bought the converters but never bothered putting them on, didn’t get anyone flashing at us. TPM was an option when built, not got it mine either.

As a general rule project lens lights - as per you picture, have move of a straight ahead beam and thus upset LHD less.

The optional PDSL ( black shrouded lens) have an option in the dash computer to switch to LHD.

There is a good phone app called "Porsche Good to Know"  very good for new owners, especially when the mountain of manuals is so daunting to read - I've almost had mine a year and still only halfway through the books !

TPM became a standard feature in (I think) 2014, so you may have just missed it. I have it as standard on my 2015. It’s possible you have it but it has been turned off the multifunction display, there is an option ‘menu scope’ or similar where you choose which screens show on the multifunction display, someone might have turned the TPMS screen off? Worth just checking.

2 hours ago, Greenman said:

TPM became a standard feature in (I think) 2014, so you may have just missed it. I have it as standard on my 2015. It’s possible you have it but it has been turned off the multifunction display, there is an option ‘menu scope’ or similar where you choose which screens show on the multifunction display, someone might have turned the TPMS screen off? Worth just checking.

Mine is 2014 but doesn’t have the option in any of the menus

Archived