Squeaky suspension

NSS

I know this has been covered before but my squeaks are getting worse and thinking I should do something about it before I put away for the winter.  I get squeaks from the front and rear when going over anything bigger than a 50p piece it seems!!   Looking for guidance will it be the control arms for sure and is it advisable to get the best quality possible or will any on ebay do?   I was considering the inject with silicon but think its too late perhaps?

TIA

Eurocarparts often do good deals, I have had mine done and the problem is when you change one bit it emphasises the other parts that are worn, I ended up replacing everything including the shocks, it transformed the car.

3 minutes ago, the baron said:

Eurocarparts often do good deals, I have had mine done and the problem is when you change one bit it emphasises the other parts that are worn, I ended up replacing everything including the shocks, it transformed the car.

Thanks will have a look - must admit I have not considered the shocks as well but you could be right!!

1 minute ago, NSS said:

Thanks will have a look - must admit I have not considered the shocks as well but you could be right!!

If your going to keep the car it’s worth doing, if your not just try and swap out bits as you go along until you find the squeaky bits

18 minutes ago, the baron said:

If your going to keep the car it’s worth doing, if your not just try and swap out bits as you go along until you find the squeaky bits

yes thanks for that - might just start with the front control arms then for now and see how it goes.

I'm in a similar position to you, squeaks from both front corners but can't determine where from. I've even had the  car up on ramps but that just unloads the suspension so there isn't the weight to apply and locate the squeak.

The issue with a piecemeal approach is realistically you will need a few alignments undertaken so it can be quite expensive that way.

6 hours ago, NSS said:

I know this has been covered before but my squeaks are getting worse and thinking I should do something about it before I put away for the winter.  I get squeaks from the front and rear when going over anything bigger than a 50p piece it seems!!   Looking for guidance will it be the control arms for sure and is it advisable to get the best quality possible or will any on ebay do?   I was considering the inject with silicon but think its too late perhaps?

TIA

I would still try the injection of grease into joints as it may only be temporary but if the squeaking goes even for a few days you know you’re on the right track ?

10 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I would still try the injection of grease into joints as it may only be temporary but if the squeaking goes even for a few days you know you’re on the right track ?

yes sounds like a good idea thanks

Have similar. Terribly squeaky and creaky at low speeds, talking 5 mph. So only really notice pulling on the drive or going over car park speed bumps. 

Decided to change the front coffin arms after watching Heidi and Franny’s garage on YouTube. Waiting for delivery so fingers crossed!

16 minutes ago, Christopher2110 said:

Have similar. Terribly squeaky and creaky at low speeds, talking 5 mph. So only really notice pulling on the drive or going over car park speed bumps. 

Decided to change the front coffin arms after watching Heidi and Franny’s garage on YouTube. Waiting for delivery so fingers crossed!

Interested to know what make and where did you buy the coffin arms from?

11 minutes ago, Eddy555 said:

I changed all arms on mine this year and I found that the ball joint on the coffin arms on the front of mine were causing the biggest squeak.

So quiet now.

Thanks Eddy

Can I ask where you sourced your coffin arms from?  I see some cheaper ATP ones 4x for £128 on ebay whereas others are for x2 at £90? 

2 hours ago, Christopher2110 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F332824270744

From the sister company of Eporsch, also come with 2 year warranty!

I haven't read the advert but speak to Dean. He has these made by Meyle. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived