Adding BOSE

highway

@Patt will correct me but there is a Bose sub for fibre optic an one without. As for the amp why not just get an aftermarket one to drive that and the headunit? 

12 hours ago, highway said:

Had my first 986 roof down tootle earlier. Very sweet, what a great car for the money. Does the Bose sub (986 generation) come with its own amp? Can it readily be added to a non Bose, 03 car?

Happy new year people

hi get one of these   they are great     https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=LeJd4kApObw    ..also a new set of dash speakers   https://www.jmgshop.com/9xx---porsche-boxster--996-speaker-upgrade-kit-with-alpine-speakers-62-p.asp    i spent £800 on a used bose system  /also bose speaker shelf for my 2000 986  its no good without the loom for bose.... 

happy new year 

2003 car needs a full canbus connection (head unit, amp and cd changer).  the Pre 2003 cars didn't but do have different amps and an extra amp for the rear shelf.

Quite frankly the aftermarket kit is easier to install and produces a better sound for much less money.  Sure you can utilize the custom rear shelf for some more bass, but be mindful that Bose runs 2.5 ohm and not the usual 4 ohm a car amp puts out.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, megapixelmike534@gmail.com said:

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=LeJd4kApObw

Does does the Bose sub unit (as seen on eBay) have the amp built in or is there a separate amp to buy as well? Car is canbus and has the 4 speaker sound pack

separate sub is in the frunk.  The Bose parcel shelf has two bass speakers and two tweeters.  Check to see if your car has the connector already fitted - it's attached to the roll hoops similar to the heated rear screen, just on the drivers side. 

Archived