Plastic flaps

GmanB

Sorry to be a pain in the ar*e, but I have some questions about flaps. For a while I had noticed cracked flaps and plastic just not hanging as it should and today while having my winter tyres/wheels fitted I took some photos. Yes it's back in double digit temperature again, typical!

The image below is behind the front wheel, the flap pointing downwards is pretty old, worn and in need of replacing. I've searched ebay, design911, etc and can't find anything, would some please point me in the right direction to purchasing replacements?

26B9wz7.jpg

Secondly, in the photo below (and seen a little in the one above) there is a large hole. Is this supposed to be here? It's the same on both sides, maybe a vent for something or is there a plastic panel missing?

OocyaNW.jpg

Does the image above look right, it seems things are just hanging down a bit?

Thirdly the image below is in front of the rear wheel. I'm not sure if this is one part or a part of the unit above it? Either way, it's hanging off and needs sorting. It's unclear to me from the images on this product https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-Boxster-986-Right-Hand-Side-Sill-End-Trim-Reverse-Mud-Flap-Mudflap-Spat/192232215385 if it's one part or two. Any help/knowledge of what I need to purchase would be a massive help please.

mkqTBY9.jpg

Many thanks

Your third image of the rear can be bought separately. I have a pair in my garage. You can just go to the OPC get the parts guy to the carpark and print out the parts you need. 

Actually the aero part in your first picture doesn't look too bad, usually they are broken off altogether. If you remove them (the screws may be a little rusted) the part number is embossed into the plastic and the best place would be an OPC. About £10 each IIRC.

Yes, the hole in your second picture is normal, its where the waste heat from the radiator vents out. The copper coloured cylinder with wires coming out of the end is the resistor that steps down the fan speed and often fail open circuit. I can't remember if the bit hanging down is correct, I would have to take a look at mine.

Archived