Days like today are reasons not to sorn your car over winter

SDF1965

Indeed  did a 100 miles roof down and collected a sunburnt nose would you believe, well if you've seen my nose you certainly would as its clearly a lot closer to the sun than the rest of me !

I agree, I’ve done about 60 miles today roof down it was fab. Had my BoXa beanie and heated seats on 😎

however.... I was trying to source this high speed vibration so wheels were on and off in between blasts 🙄

31 minutes ago, SDF1965 said:

@the baron, no idea who would SORN a car no matter what it is, prior to Boxster ownership we had a VX220 and an Elise, rubbish heaters, no heated seats...drove them all year round..as you rightly say, cars are meant to be driven

If past experience, work and family commitments and other interests (winter sports maybe) conflict with enjoying the car over winter then SORN makes sense for some owners, especily in the north, where winter tyres are less of an option and are more of a must have. I feel lucky to have the opportunity  take advantage of good days mid week as  decent weather in winter is quite rare.  Indeed, the weather predictions of @headlessunfortunatly proved less than accurate so I spent this morning giving the car a wash and wax to clear any salt away that was picked up on my mid week run. 😁

Archived