Jacking up the front

Roger C

Looking at the owners manual it appears you can only jack the car up on its jacking points, that's fine is you have a lift etc but I want to jack the whole front up and place stands under the jacking points.

Whats the best way to jack the whole front up? Is there a suitable place for a trolley jack?

On another note I know the advice is not to jack the 987 on the sills but do you guys think it'll be ok to use my tilt lift on the sills as it spends the weight over a large area.

krbh8L3.jpg

tXRw0aM.jpg

Rog.

I asked but it was for the rear.

I saw several discussions about a central point at the rear, an A-frame. Porsche didn't seem to recommend it but there were various positive comments on forums, even if I didn't see anyone actually doing it!  I didn't look hard for the front.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

I asked but it was for the rear.

I saw several discussions about a central point at the rear, an A-frame. Porsche didn't seem to recommend it but there were various positive comments on forums, even if I didn't see anyone actually doing it!  I didn't look hard for the front.

Seems to be popular place to jack the rear with no issues.

https://www.planet-9.com/reviews/miscellaneous/p382-fabspeed-jack-box-and-tow-hooks-tie-downs.html

From having a quick interweb search it seems the best way to jack the front is to use the rear jacking point one side at a time.

Rog.

Archived