Drain hole

Truth

Morning all.

Another drain hole question sorry.

Found the other two rear drain holes yesterday so I have got all 4 now. Poured water in them all and they were fine. I did push some flexible curtain cable through aswell, wasnt long enough for two of the holes though.

I couldn't find the front ones, do I need to take off the plastic covers nearest to the windscreen to access these with a torx (i googled star shaped screw 😂) screwdriver?

Cheers

Thanks Gutley. I will have a go next weekend. Its under the cover being battered by rain and high winds currently! Probably staying there snug as a Boxster in a rug until its Friday service.

Does the battery cover come off using the same screwdiver, I only looked at the plastic cover screws yesterday?

Cheers

Sorry Gutley,, you have already confirmed that 🙄

Have a good day mate 👍

Cheers Mike. I had seen the disgram before and STILL struggled to find thr rear holes originally 🤣

On 3/11/2019 at 6:29 AM, Truth said:

Cheers Mike. I had seen the disgram before and STILL struggled to find thr rear holes originally 🤣

That's where I am at. Can't find them. Need to watch some bids on how to bring the rear of the clamshell up (I think)

Open the roof until the front edge is about 10 inches from the top of the windscreen. That will lift the clamshell. Now manually lift the bottom edge of the roof fabric under the clamshell and you'll see the polystyrene membrane. Pour a little water in there and it'll find its own way to the drainage holes. It's dark in there so a torch definitely helps.

5 hours ago, Pinewood said:

That's where I am at. Can't find them. Need to watch some bids on how to bring the rear of the clamshell up (I think)

(I know its a 986 thread but....) on the 987.2 there are mesh filters in the top of the rear drains - helps keep cr*p out of the pipes - they are cheap and can be retrofitted to the 987.1 - not sure about the 986 

Shown here.... https://parr-uk.co.uk/product/porsche-boxster-drain-hole-filter/

Part 24 on this diagram 

987-2 Roof Drain Filter

Archived