Hood Cleaning

cbxpete

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried Vanish? to remove stubborn stains from the hood , I have used the Auto Glym cleaning system but dos'nt seem to shift deep down c**p? any help/advice would be great full.

Cheers Peter

Go over it again with auto glym this time use a bathroom nail brush. Gets in nice and deep and it works out fantastic. I wouldn’t  use vanish. It may have bleach in it. That would ruin your soft top.  

13 hours ago, cbxpete said:

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has tried Vanish? to remove stubborn stains from the hood , I have used the Auto Glym cleaning system but dos'nt seem to shift deep down c**p? any help/advice would be great full.

Cheers Peter

Agree with Haggis. If you've got green stains you can also use Milton, carefully diluted to correct strength as per instructions on bottle.

Hoover the roof before cleaning as it will remove loose dirt particles meaning you aren't grinding them back into the fabric, then a bucket of soapy water (as above from Haggis & Red Rocket milton if you have green bits which are bacteria & milton is needed to kill it off) & scrub with a soft upholstery brush, rinse & finally a couple of coats of Fabsil....

Thank you for your replies, I will try the Milton next time or more to the point when the weather gets better.

cheers Peter. 

Archived