Alarm disable

alank

Given from your other thread you are going away, a battery disconnect might be a short term solution.  Put key to position 1 (lights on on dash) then disconnect neg terminal and lock her up.

I fitted one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-24v-Heavy-Duty-Battery-Disconnect-Isolator-Cut-Off-Switch/352638603228?epid=14026959592&hash=item521ae60fdc:g:5DUAAOSwenVcpbZ9

Makes disconnecting less faff. As said above, key in position one when you do it. On the 986 you can fully close the bonnet. The only issue is the window. I usually do it with the door open which means the window is down a bit. Of course it doesn't go back up when you close the door if the battery is disconnected. I have a car cover so no problem. Maybe others can advise if the car lets in water when the window is in the 'door open' position.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, ½cwt said:

Given from your other thread you are going away, a battery disconnect might be a short term solution.  Put key to position 1 (lights on on dash) then disconnect neg terminal and lock her up.

OK bad advice. Hood on my 2000 version is mechanical but as said by others no lock on passenger door....

Hi all thanks for your comments. Off on hol today, so decided to put it on life support and hopefully keep the battery charged up to prevent alarm going off. Why can't their just be a way of disable alarm, sure my other cars have . Thanks alan

Archived