Extended Warranty

Kev62

1 hour ago, R1HJK said:

I’m just about to start my 981 journey and have a OPC warranty. Has anyone had any experience of fitting items like GTS rear lights and been denied warranty work? I’ve had many BMWs with extended warranty and done subtle OEM mods and they have not said anything!

GTS lights are OEM so you won't have a problem.  Warranty approval and OPC relationship goes hand in hand in my experience.

I've taken a year off the warranty, I had most common issues dealt with so i'll bank the money for this year and maybe next and then reevaluate the need based on usage.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, daz05 said:

GTS lights are OEM so you won't have a problem.  Warranty approval and OPC relationship goes hand in hand in my experience.

I've taken a year off the warranty, I had most common issues dealt with so i'll bank the money for this year and maybe next and then reevaluate the need based on usage.

Thanks Daz that’s good to know. I was also looking at the GTS diffuser as possible upgrade but ultimately don’t want to jeopardise my warranty. 

25 minutes ago, R1HJK said:

Thanks Daz that’s good to know. I was also looking at the GTS diffuser as possible upgrade but ultimately don’t want to jeopardise my warranty. 

Have both on mine and no issues whatsoever, even diy mesh covers on the ac condensers didn't give me a problem.

Luckily no problem with bought grills on the sides and a/c inlets (diy) when I extended my warranty, also have GTS rear lights.

Just returned from a re-gas, they couldn't see any damage and no pressure loss during fill so we will look out for traces of dye and monitor the chill levels.

I didn't go for it when my three year warranty from new expired.

Now I'm three further years down the road. I had modified H&R springs which snookered me anyway. I've since fitted X73 suspension so the car is technically stock again.

Could I for example return to the warranty fold, or is it only renewable, not start from scratchable?

Just as an add on , I’ve found out through Porsche Uk that if I buy a car from an Opc I can’t avail of the two year warranty after I export it home to Ireland, defeats the point of paying main stealer prices really.

ive bought a few bmws and am picking another up tomorrow in Sheffield and the warranty’s have always transferred without issue.

The cost of the warranty was on my invoice so i'm guessing you could ask for this to be removed and then reapply through your local dealer.  Probably not well advertised but some OPCs will sell out with the network, some even do SOR.

12 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

Could I for example return to the warranty fold, or is it only renewable, not start from scratchable?

Yes, you can put your car in for the 111 point check at any time (after owning the car for 90 days I think) and if it passes take out the warranty.

12 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Just as an add on , I’ve found out through Porsche Uk that if I buy a car from an Opc I can’t avail of the two year warranty after I export it home to Ireland, defeats the point of paying main stealer prices really.

I’d be suprised if this isn’t against EU rules. The Porsche breakdown/recovery for example is EU wide.

15 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Trading stds  rules say they have to provide a min of six months , and can’t sell to trade

The warranty is transferable but not to a motor trader, you can however get a pro-rata refund if you do trade it in.

10 hours ago, daz05 said:

The cost of the warranty was on my invoice so i'm guessing you could ask for this to be removed and then reapply through your local dealer.

@zagamuffinYeh, maybe the best approach is looking to get a 111 point check and Warranty applied locally after purchase in UK (assuming you can’t find what you want in Ireland.

42 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Trading stds  rules say they have to provide a min of six months , and can’t sell to trade I’m told 

That's not the same as applying the 2yr official Porsche warranty.  Check with the retailer direct.

39 minutes ago, daz05 said:

That's not the same as applying the 2yr official Porsche warranty.  Check with the retailer direct.

I could have got the cost of the two year warranty refunded to me as the car had a remainder of new warranty left but unfortunately it was at 5 months two weeks so I just missed the window...some one doesn’t want me in a Porsche lol , maybe the wife 

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is up for renewal in October, and I'm going to pay up!

I've already had value for money out of the current warranty.

My PCM failed last year and many aftermarket warranties (which are really insurance policies) don't cover audio equipment, I'd hate to think how much that would have cost to replace if it wasn't covered!

Archived