Help! - Falling out of love with the Boxster S

Rav

1 hour ago, Rav said:

Ok - thread update. I have taken a big leap and am currently typing this message from a Holiday inn on the outskirts of Stuttgart. I am going to visit the Porsche Museum tomorrow to see if i can get the Porsche mojo back. I have seen a fair few 986s around the suburb i am staying in. They do look so cool with German plates on. 

I am currently out her on business, but will take out a couple of hours to see the new museum. I visited the old place about 20 years ago and stayed until way past closing time. 

I will keep you up to date.

Check out the aquamarine Speedster with tan roof and interior, that was mine a few years ago, wish I kept it, apparently they paid the previous owner £500k, I sold it for £83k 😕

Glad your reconsidering the sale, come to Beaulieu, we can go in convoy with a few others, maybe @CAZ

if that doesn’t inspire you, then probably time to sell.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rav said:

Ok - thread update. I have taken a big leap and am currently typing this message from a Holiday inn on the outskirts of Stuttgart. I am going to visit the Porsche Museum tomorrow to see if i can get the Porsche mojo back. I have seen a fair few 986s around the suburb i am staying in. They do look so cool with German plates on. 

Probably too late to arrange it now*, but while the museum is good, for me the factory tour (which departs from the museum) is much more interesting. But either way, I hope you catch the bug again :)

* you could contact them first thing tomorrow to see if there's any availability - I think the tour takes two hours though. From: https://www.porsche.com/museum/en/ 

Factory tours
Combine your visit to the Museum with a factory tour. The factory tour starts in the Museum itself. Factory tours take place from Monday to Friday. A previous enrollment is necessary.
Contact
0049 (0)711 - 911 20 911
factorytours@porsche.de

7 hours ago, the baron said:

Check out the aquamarine Speedster with tan roof and interior, that was mine a few years ago, wish I kept it, apparently they paid the previous owner £500k, I sold it for £83k 😕

Glad your reconsidering the sale, come to Beaulieu, we can go in convoy with a few others, maybe @CAZ

if that doesn’t inspire you, then probably time to sell.

I'm up for going in convoy @the baron as I can get lost inside a wardrobe - off to buy a cr*p nav this weekend,as while I have now managed to get Waze to work on my phone, my hearing in my left ear isn't great - with phone on full volume I can just about hear it in my Fiesta - but not over the sound of Cherry Bomb.I am the kiss of death to anything technical or electrical :( the on board computer has me stumped for starters - why can't the 987 just have a dipstick!

Go on @Rav you know you want to come along to Beaulieu, @John K has promised to behave (badly ). and I still haven't seen a purple one in the flesh.

2 hours ago, CAZ said:

and I still haven't seen a purple one in the flesh.

You are going to kill more old men than a cold winter...

5 minutes ago, John K said:

I aim to please 😉

🤗 - I suppose that’s slightly better than being called a female Sid James - 

3 hours ago, John K said:

Ok - should have said a purple one in the metal 🤪

Well, Im back from Stuttgart - Full write up and photos soon!

Archived