Rear disc securing screws

the baron

Swapped out the discs and pads last night and typically the last disc to be removed the 2 small securing screws seem to be made of marshmallow and the Philips head just became a circle, so having to drill them out which is a right PITA.

Questions is are these screws a standard size, ie I can I pop down to b&q to source or is it a trip to my nearest OPC

6 minutes ago, the baron said:

Bit the bullet and bought from OPC, 46p each plus 10% discount came in at 39p each 😂

I'm sure all this expenditure at an OPC puts you in good stead when you ask to be put on the list for a GT3 RS ... :D

3 hours ago, the baron said:

Bit the bullet and bought from OPC, 46p each plus 10% discount came in at 39p each 😂

Just for the record i've always found your local toolstation has a great selection of screws/bolts/studding.......but the packet sizes of 20/50/100 are always way too many but great for next time...the time after that...AND the time after that...and for family and friends :-)))

The last discs I bought for a VW (Brembo from ECP) had replacement bolts in the box. Cheap discs or its the cost of high end brands...

Probably M6x20 countersunk which seems to be the common size for disc retaining bolts. As long as there is a lip on the hub that the disc fits on snuggly the wheel bolts will clamp the disc in position and the hub will locate it.  Sometimes these small bolts can be used in threaded holes in the disc to jack it off if it is stuck on the hub, but if made of marshmallow may be not so much.

Ta, all, discs and pads all fitted, looks great and hey it even stops, first time ive done this on the Boxster, what a piece of p1ss, ill never pay a third party again.

Archived