Frunk not “popping”

Christopher2110

I’ve seen a couple of threads about battery woes and not being able to get into the frunk but I’ve stumbled across a different issue!

Went to pop the frunk earlier and not much happened after pulling the button. Did the normal on / off cycle and still nothing. Walked away and returned 10 mins later to try and still the same. When the buttons pulled you can hear the electrics/ mechanical bits doing their thing but nothing actually pops up, no light on the dash to say it’s open either. 

Is this a wheel off and pull the cable job, or is there anything else worth trying?

Silly question, but have you actually tried lifting the front edge of the frunk lid after using the switch?  I've had some cars that the bonnet releases but doesn't pop up properly on pulling teh cable until after re-lubricating the catch mechanism.  If the mechanism is stiff it may not pop enough for the micro switch to open showing the warning light and giving an alarm toot when you lock it.

Mine never stopped "popping" but was getting a bit lazy and rather stiff to push down. So I stripped, cleaned and lubricated the mechanism and now it works very well again. 

I have a load of pictures if you're interested. 

Cheers

Mark

Went round to my parents today for my dad to lend me a hand at pushing down whilst pressing the button, parked up on the drive pulled the button and hey presto the frunk popped and did so several times without any issue. 🤪 

Cleaned the mechanism and all the dirt off the two rubber bump stops either side and left it at that. Ready for the next little niggle! 

At least that one was free.  Can't have been a proper Porsche repair!

Glad for you that it is solved.  As you say … 'Next!'

Archived