Wet front trunk?

911-32

During the biblical rain of a week or so back, I found I had wet front trunk carpet.  This is a new one and I know it was heavy rain, but still.

I had recently (end winter) checked/cleared the drain holes round the battery area and this weekend I have looked closely at all the seals around the frunk, and all seem good and in place.  What am I missing? Any known areas to check on?  Google seemed to suggest checking those 2 things and I could only find rare instances of a wet frunk.

FWIW, it doesn't seem to be getting wet any more.  At least, washing the car on Sunday didn't seem to create any problems.

There's a drain in the filler cap "aperture" - perhaps thats blocked and water finds its way round the filler in some way - alternatively perhaps that drain isn't connected to a pipe and is just dumping water into the wing ....... 

Just guesses 

Also, from memory I read about someone who had water ingress into the frunk on a 997 & it turned out to be a grommet somewhere in the bulkhead where a previous owner had pushed an additional wire through it for some accessory. Water was getting in when it rained heavily.

Archived