Can anybody lend me a steering wheel ?

myfirstboxster

Odd question but can anybody lend me a 986 steering wheel for a couple of weeks ? I was thinking of getting mine recovered at Royal steering wheels but the need mine for up to 2 weeks and I don't fancy driving mine about with some mole grips as a replacement wheel , I'm happy to pay any postage costs incurred , many thanks Jon    

22 minutes ago, myfirstboxster said:

Odd question but can anybody lend me a 986 steering wheel for a couple of weeks ? I was thinking of getting mine recovered at Royal steering wheels but the need mine for up to 2 weeks and I don't fancy driving mine about with some mole grips as a replacement wheel , I'm happy to pay any postage costs incurred , many thanks Jon    

Do you know that Royal offer an exchange service?

You pay a “core charge” along with the re-cover costs and they send you a wheel made up to your spec.

Once they’ve sent you that you swap your original for the “new” one and send your original back to them.  They them refund the “core charge”.  Probably easier for all sorts of reasons than borrowing one - not lest of which is one fewer wheel swap operation.

Give the a call and see if they can do that on this occasion.

If you get stuck let me know and I might be able to help out.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, myfirstboxster said:

I have a spare wheel if you are stuck, I lent it to another forum member last year, I think you are up north so it may be convenient for you as I am in Bolton.

Archived