Best bulbs for Boxster S 3.2 2001

Dodgster

If you mean headlight bulbs, after some investigation on BoXa.net I fitted the following to my 2001 986 S:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UNLIMITED-headlamp-headlight-64210NBU-HCB-passenger/dp/B00EPLCPRG/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&n=248877031&s=automotive&selectVehicleSource=garage select&submodelId=11523

They are MUCH better than the aftermarket rainbow rubbish a previous owner had fitted.

It seems the brighter the bulb, the shorter the life.  Had some pretty good ones in my Toyota for 7 years - swapped them for Philips, Osram whatever and they blew in a year or two. So they are good but keep spares handy.

Osram and Philips both do great bulbs and I think they go up to +150% now which is pretty decent. I currently have Osram +130% in mine and they're very good, always keep spares in the car though. As Meno says though, it begs serious question of how long they will last. If you do a lot of driving in the dark they are worth it imo. 

Used the Ring Xenonmax in the past. Effective and cheap enough. I'm sure they have different names now. 

Archived