Boring bulb issue

Muddy

Rear brake light blown, old bulb se12v-pv21/4w e19 3jc went to Halfords got a p21/4w 566. Put new bulb in dash telling me rear brake bulb blown but brake light working but dim guess that’s why it’s still saying bulb not working. Where can l get that bulb please 

cheers muddy

20 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Rear brake light blown, old bulb se12v-pv21/4w e19 3jc went to Halfords got a p21/4w 566. Put new bulb in dash telling me rear brake bulb blown but brake light working but dim guess that’s why it’s still saying bulb not working. Where can l get that bulb please 

cheers muddy

I've just ordered headlight bulbs from Eurocarparts so try there. All I did was look up bulb in manual (page 218 for 987.1) and Google it. For brake  light it just shows P21/4W.

What happens with the lights on? Same dim brake light? Or does the brake light go out? Both filaments share a ground via the bulb case. If that ground is poor or missing, you get odd effects.

Sorted. After a little bulb swapping. It was because l was twisting the bulb in the wrong way. The wrong way only one filament lights thus dim. The right way both filament light thus bright. Thanks for your reply’s 

On 7/21/2019 at 9:14 PM, thanatoid said:

Brake bulbs are 21W...

Just a thought...

Sidelights are generally 5W....

Correct and the bulb holder usefully has all the bulb types on it for you.

I know this as I replaced all the rear bulbs for fresh new Osram ones, used the codes off the bulb holder and had zero issues.

Archived